Any anime series with only one season or anime movie?

Emotion Flux

Question

I'm basically up for any genre when it comes to any one season anime or anime movies any of you could recommend I try to purchase for my upcoming birthday? I'm more wanting a one season anime series or anime movie with adventure, fantasy, scifi, action, martial arts, psychological, cyberpunk, supernatural, and the ones that have a strong female lead protagonist which involves battles and adventures. I'm not familiar with the actual names of the genres of anime yet because I've never looked them up, but if y'all know the types of anime I'm talking about I could really use some recommendations based on those criteria to try to find anime I could get on my birthday next month. ^^

5 answers to this question

Akudama Drive - dystopian/cyberpunk adventure, female protagonist. Kind of a spoiler, but several characters don’t survive (kind of like Edgerunners)

Lycoris Recoil - girls with guns action, some slice of life & humor. Bluray collection is awfully expensive though.

Expelled from Paradise - futuristic cyberpunk movie.

Claymore - dark fantasy, swordswoman 

Deca-Dence - post apocalyptic future, kaiju. Kinda cyberpunk.

ID: Invaded - cyberpunk, detectives vs serial killers

Iria Zeiram: The Animation - retro anime, futuristic female bounty hunter. 6 episode OVA

Solty Rei - cyberpunk, bounty hunters

Moribito Guardian of the Spirit - female warrior/bodyguard

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 3/17/2024 at 8:55 AM, Wild Emotion said:

I'm basically up for any genre when it comes to any one season anime or anime movies any of you could recommend I try to purchase for my upcoming birthday? I'm more wanting a one season anime series or anime movie with adventure, fantasy, scifi, action, martial arts, psychological, cyberpunk, supernatural, and the ones that have a strong female lead protagonist which involves battles and adventures. I'm not familiar with the actual names of the genres of anime yet because I've never looked them up, but if y'all know the types of anime I'm talking about I could really use some recommendations based on those criteria to try to find anime I could get on my birthday next month. ^^

Your birthday's coming up? Cool!

On 3/17/2024 at 8:07 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Akudama Drive - dystopian/cyberpunk adventure, female protagonist. Kind of a spoiler, but several characters don’t survive (kind of like Edgerunners)

Lycoris Recoil - girls with guns action, some slice of life & humor. Bluray collection is awfully expensive though.

Expelled from Paradise - futuristic cyberpunk movie.

Claymore - dark fantasy, swordswoman 

Deca-Dence - post apocalyptic future, kaiju. Kinda cyberpunk.

ID: Invaded - cyberpunk, detectives vs serial killers

Iria Zeiram: The Animation - retro anime, futuristic female bounty hunter. 6 episode OVA

Solty Rei - cyberpunk, bounty hunters

Moribito Guardian of the Spirit - female warrior/bodyguard

Thanks! ^^

1 hour ago, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Your birthday's coming up? Cool!

Yeah, April 18th. Another year older. ><

On 3/17/2024 at 6:55 AM, Wild Emotion said:

Some are one season, but the manga continues. Do you want those?

19 hours ago, Clayton said:

Some are one season, but the manga continues. Do you want those?

I don't read any manga anymore, so I wouldn't mind if the anime has one season as opposed to the manga. ^^