Websites to Shop for Anime

SurrealBrain

Apologies if there's a thread like this already, but I felt the need to post about websites where you can shop for anime...as well as where not to look (aka, where they have bootlegs). Tell me if you have any sites to look out for.

Definitely to look;

RightStuf and Amazon are pretty legit places to look around in. The latter may have some bootlegs, but more often than not, you'll find legits. Though the latter may have problems with individual sellers, so proceed with caution.

Mixed bag;

eBay. You could find either legits OR bootlegs here. And trust me, it varies from seller to seller. Like with Amazon, individual sellers may be good or bad.

Don't do it;

Animepromo.com. Now, it may seem cool at first; good selection of anime, a good chunk of which are out of print, at a fairly low price. But there's one huge problem; most, if not all of what they sell are probably bootlegs. Region 0 DVDs are a rather telling sign, for most legit companies ensure their DVDs have a region code. Also, many of them say Vol. 1-[however many episodes] END, which I find to be another clue, since most companies don't type like that (or at least don't put END after the episode numbers). My brother showed me this site, but while he thinks it's legit, I think it's a phony.

That's all I'm aware of. Anywhere else you wanna share, or talk about your experiences with?

• Geano locked this topic