Editing Websites

Xyro

I'm not sure If this is the right place for this, but I really need some help editing my website.

would somebody mind giving me some pointers and advice on what to do.

These are the following things that I want to get, but have no idea how:

1) the main logo for the webpage. I want to make it the title, but I have no idea how to make the design on a computer.

2) I would like to make the background more presentable.

3) ways to make it so that I can make the story more readable without each chapter being in a long script-ish format. I have tried using a PDF viewer, but I don't like it :-/

Make the website with consistent colours, generally the logo colours should be used. As for making the logo do NOT make a detailed logo make it basic so its easily identified. Take Mc donalds logo for an example, also take Amazons logo for example. What do they have in common? They are basic and easily identified. As for programs Dreamweaver, Photoshop and fireworks are used to create digital imagery. I do a course known as CiDa (Certificate in Digital Applicatons) Which specializes in the design and the creation of websites. Which took me 4 years to do that course but easy to learn in my opinion xD. All that advice was given to me by my schools head of IT also hes my CiDa teacher xD.

• Agree 1

Make the website with consistent colours, generally the logo colours should be used. As for making the logo do NOT make a detailed logo make it basic so its easily identified. Take Mc donalds logo for an example, also take Amazons logo for example. What do they have in common? They are basic and easily identified. As for programs Dreamweaver, Photoshop and fireworks are used to create digital imagery. I do a course known as CiDa (Certificate in Digital Applicatons) Which specializes in the design and the creation of websites. Which took me 4 years to do that course but easy to learn in my opinion xD. All that advice was given to me by my schools head of IT also hes my CiDa teacher xD.

I have the logo's design on lockdown, but I still don't really know how to make it on my PC so that I can use it on the website :-\

My teacher always gets annoyed when the colours are not either well matched or the design quality is bad. So I decided to commit to my work and now the quality of my work is very good. Also learning CiDa teaches you copyright laws and content guidelines handy to know if you plan on working digitally.

I have the logo's design on lockdown, but I still don't really know how to make it on my PC so that I can use it on the website :-\

Use a program call Gimp which is free and is like photoshop. Also its a very popular graphic tool.

I know this may be cheeky to ask, but could someone please make my logo for me?

Its a big ask, but I can literately not use anything on my computer because im awful xD

The drawing of the logo should be on the me-myself-and-me gallery

• Like 1

I know this may be cheeky to ask, but could someone please make my logo for me?

Its a big ask, but I can literately not use anything on my computer because im awful xD

The drawing of the logo should be on the me-myself-and-me gallery

Big Tip, Use PNG format and make the background clear, then it's easier to reposition over your background without Pesky borders and white fill!

Edited by Guest

Hey, if your still using Wix and don't mind i could log in and help Edit it? then you'd just have to change the password after?, or i could create a whole new one and make it Live for you then give you the details! Just a thought, wix is the main tool i use for websites so i'm pretty used to it!.

Just a few suggestions, if you go into your apps section on wix there is a SImple Logo creator that you can use, it's not very customisable, it just generates a logo based on what you doing.

Also under the apps sections is a Return to top button, if your making long pages it would help users to return to the top instantly to choose new chapters.

Also your pop down menu is overlapping the text, you need to extend your footer and drag the text down the page to avoid this, if the drop down menu and the header are locked together you will need to seperate them or remake them!

A good idea is to work inside the guidelines on the editing page, for most monitors this will look ok, but if someone has i widescreen i'm not sure, i work outside the lines cause it looks nicer on the widescreens, but then on small square monitors it looks a bit odd, so it's really a decisions you need to make, what monitors are your target base going to be using? most modern day ones are widescreen so i'd say do that, in which case just work outside the lines!

Don't forget to format it for mobile as well, whatever you change on the mobile version wont effect the Desktop one!, but whatever you add on the desktop will be added to the mobile (Still Following?) so if you change something there make sure you go back to the mobile site to make it look good. Also some things the mobile site can't use, like moving backgrounds!

Also if all else fails Wix have some really good website templates you can pick from and then just delete things till it looks how you want, add tiles, colors, pics, vids, contact pages etc!

Also as for making it look like a book try looking into the Flip booklet app from simple booklet, you can try it for free with ads! then if you like it it can be purchased!

Hope this helped some!

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 1

@Xyro Donatus do you have a sample of your page online so we can give feedback?

Logo is tricky.. Would help if we can see what you have first.

With AF's logo I commissioned a designer, something generic and clean that can be used on different areas works well!

Otherwise you could try going for a wide banner instead and do some text effects on top.

@Xyro Donatus do you have a sample of your page online so we can give feedback?

Logo is tricky.. Would help if we can see what you have first.

With AF's logo I commissioned a designer, something generic and clean that can be used on different areas works well!

Otherwise you could try going for a wide banner instead and do some text effects on top.

the link is right here: http://jamescov99.wix.com/me-myself-and-me

Any sought of feedback would mean allot to me ^W^

1) the main logo for the webpage. I want to make it the title, but I have no idea how to make the design on a computer.

I personally think the logo looks fine as-is. :)

2) I would like to make the background more presentable.

Have you considered experimenting with lighter colours? I feel for text heavy sites like this, it can get tiring reading white text on a black background after a few paragraphs. Even if you can find a background image with a very slight texture that can help make it more pleasing.

3) ways to make it so that I can make the story more readable without each chapter being in a long script-ish format. I have tried using a PDF viewer, but I don't like it :-/

This is tricky and comes down to personal preference. I think FanFiction.net has the right idea as they have options similar to Amazon's Kindle Reader when you read eBooks - you can adjust the margins, text size and also the background from white or black to suit the reader.

Maybe you could put some images throughout the chapters to help break the text flow a bit?

• Agree 1

Ok, i really need some help.

I changed a few things on the webpage, but now it extends way to far down.

Do you know how to fix it Sloth_chocolate?