The Empire of Corpses (Shisha no Teikoku)

Wodahs

[FLOAT_RIGHT]75468.jpg.da03c6f4cc3b596bebaea550b1ff831e.jpg[/FLOAT_RIGHT]A rather interesting Anime

from Corpses (not zombies) that have been brought back to life of varying stages from only being labour to a almost full pre deceased state , a Mechanical Doll/Android and either cast or reference to history greats like Sherlock Homes and the main character the story line revolves around DR Watson , Edison , Victor Frankenstein , M & 007 , Ulysses S. Grant , Paul Bunion and others

it is a Frankenstein based story line from a different point of view , which I wont go in to so watch it , with history situations but with a twist to them to push the story line mixed with modern day mechanisation and such but flashed back to the science equivalent back then as you'd expect with an added feel to it of a mix in adaptation like around the world in 80 days and league of extraordinary gentlemen as such at times as well

its not a series but a two hr anime movie

and , well to me like a fire it gets to the stage that its almost going to go out dead because its going slow that im loosing interest and then explodes again with more bringing you back to find out where its going and what just happened keeping the mind putting the lot together and keeps doing this cycle

their is the expected blood and violence you would expect but also has . well being a movie involving corpses , autopsy scenes that with out going to over board had some graphics to them

id say worth the watch , I liked it and recommend it

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this is a Project Itoh movie... I've seen that other Project Itoh anime film: Harmony which I quite liked.

Might be worth watching when I get a chance. It looks interesting. :)

Also @Wodahs did you watch this in Japanese or the English dub?

Japanese trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG70Sa_Ecng

English dub trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0wVpPhTck

feels a meme coming on as stating firstly one does not simply watch The Empire of Corpses i was .... :P

no @Optic I did watch it in Subbed form and hadn't realised it may be available in Dubbed and as much as I enjoy not needing to read the Sub I just watched your Dubbed Trailer and it just didn't feel right compared to what I enjoyed in its Subbed version where , how do I put this , its hard to describe but the Japanese voices seemed more to the characters bold and full of life in portrayal where as the that Dubbed trailer just seemed like some with English voices reading script from a page with no life in it , I don't know (after seeing the Subbed version) if I would have enjoyed it as much

one of the things that I liked in the was the animated autopsy scenes how that made it look and the sound of the crunching of bone whilst it was going on (as apposed to a standard bloody mutilation scene) but there was many aspects of this anime that drew me in to it that I wont go into and some would be spoilers any way

but as I stated above you can watch 95% and enjoy it and fell that you've seen it and there was not much to be able to finish it from there but if you watch all of it you would never had guessed the final twist with out actually seeing it

• Informative 1

• Geano locked this topic