Ask a Zoop

zoop

I know this running gag's probably getting old by now, but... what do you plan to do once you've landed on Earth? :D

Edited by Guest
  • Funny 1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this running gag's probably getting old by now, but... what do you plan to do once you've landed on Earth? :D

Adjust course, only slightly, for a near-miss - perhaps taking out a satellite or two if I'm feeling lucky - and then double back to resume my act of forever hurtling in the Earth's general direction. I may yet slip up and knock into it eventually, but I have a pretty good track record so far.

• Funny 1

Ever hit someone? If not, how would you react to a really intolerable jerk who've insulted Cy~?

Uhhh, well...

In 3rd grade someone (I barely remember this one) slapped me in the face, so I punched them in the face.

In 6th grade a girl that I didn't much get along with came at me in a rage over something that she mistakenly thought I was involved in, and made to hit me - I hit her first, again in the face.

Later on in middle school I was hit, again in the face because why not- I didn't hit back though. I grabbed the girl, and knocked her head into a chalkboard.

In high school, for some reason that I never quite figured out, this other girl punched me, hard, in my ear in front of some stairs... this one was actually really painful and had considerably more force than any punch I'd be able to throw, so instead of trying to hit her back, I took her off guard and pushed her down the stairs. It seemed brilliant in the moment, but uh... yeah, that could have ended very, very, very poorly. We actually got along super well after that though.

That's about it. Basically, if someone attacks me I've always been very willing to throw myself at them and discourage further harassment. Nobody I ever got into a fight with ever started anything with me ever again, I'm happy to say.

As for insults ... I'm not sure, really, but if Cy~ and I were in danger (and considering what happened a couple weeks ago, it definitely doesn't seem to be out of the question) ... well, we don't tend to be entirely unarmed, so yeah.

• Winner 1

Uhhh, well...

In 3rd grade someone (I barely remember this one) slapped me in the face, so I punched them in the face.

In 6th grade a girl that I didn't much get along with came at me in a rage over something that she mistakenly thought I was involved in, and made to hit me - I hit her first, again in the face.

Later on in middle school I was hit, again in the face because why not- I didn't hit back though. I grabbed the girl, and knocked her head into a chalkboard.

In high school, for some reason that I never quite figured out, this other girl punched me, hard, in my ear in front of some stairs... this one was actually really painful and had considerably more force than any punch I'd be able to throw, so instead of trying to hit her back, I took her off guard and pushed her down the stairs. It seemed brilliant in the moment, but uh... yeah, that could have ended very, very, very poorly. We actually got along super well after that though.

That's about it. Basically, if someone attacks me I've always been very willing to throw myself at them and discourage further harassment. Nobody I ever got into a fight with ever started anything with me ever again, I'm happy to say.

As for insults ... I'm not sure, really, but if Cy~ and I were in danger (and considering what happened a couple weeks ago, it definitely doesn't seem to be out of the question) ... well, we don't tend to be entirely unarmed, so yeah.

Ouch! Brutal! Damn, I wish I have half your guts while fighting back in school. Usually, I would just throw tables and chairs at my bullies like a pu-, well, you know. :/

Here's another one for you: Are you superficial when it comes to someone's appearance? As in do you judge a person's beauty or ugliness on the outside, even if you didn't intend to, even if it's done subconsciously?

Ouch! Brutal! Damn, I wish I have half your guts while fighting back in school. Usually, I would just throw tables and chairs at my bullies like a pu-, well, you know. :/

Uh... I can only imagine being hit by a thrown table or chair to be worse than being punched. :?

Like, that actually seems more gutsy to me!

Here's another one for you: Are you superficial when it comes to someone's appearance? As in do you judge a person's beauty or ugliness on the outside, even if you didn't intend to, even if it's done subconsciously?

Well, I think everyone has some degree of reaction when taking in someone's outward appearance. With that said, I don't tend to have much of a visceral reaction to people based on their looks... though obviously if I bumped into someone that recently suffered horrifying and deforming injuries in a fire or something similar, I'll probably have a negative reflexive reaction, albeit a very brief one.

Outside of extreme cases, though, I generally don't much care about outward appearances, and am (initially, anyway) attracted to people primarily based on internal factors... like, if I'm trying not to stare at a stranger on the train or something, it's probably because I'm interested in how she did her hair or outfit, rather than being like OMG SO HAWT. If that makes sense?

• Funny 1

Uh... I can only imagine being hit by a thrown table or chair to be worse than being punched. :?

Like, that actually seems more gutsy to me!

Actually, a school table (which is light and square-shaped, so not very big) and a chair is more likely to miss someone than a direct punch, which is why I threw them instead of punches, because I was kinda just venting out rather than really intending to punch somebody. Like I said, I didn't have the guts. :P

Outside of extreme cases, though, I generally don't much care about outward appearances, and am (initially, anyway) attracted to people primarily based on internal factors... like, if I'm trying not to stare at a stranger on the train or something, it's probably because I'm interested in how she did her hair or outfit, rather than being like OMG SO HAWT. If that makes sense?

Did you have that "OMG SO HAWT" reaction when you first met Cy~? :P

Actually, a school table (which is light and square-shaped, so not very big) and a chair is more likely to miss someone than a direct punch, which is why I threw them instead of punches, because I was kinda just venting out rather than really intending to punch somebody. Like I said, I didn't have the guts. :P

Fair enough, that! The only time I've ever seen someone use either of them in a fight was back in highschool when one girl knocked another to the ground, stood over her, picked up a chair, and was moments away from using it to bludgeon the other, before she was knocked over by a teacher, who had come running from across the room when he saw what was going down. So when I think of a table or chair as a weapon in a fight, I usually think back to this.

There were a lot of crazy bitches in the first high school I went to.

Did you have that "OMG SO HAWT" reaction when you first met Cy~? :P

I did, actually - though we first met in person like ... if I'm not mistaken, roughly a year after we first met online, so by that point I was already quite smitten... though I'd yet to actually tell her as much. :D

• Friendly 1

I've asked Cy~ the same thing but, what would you do with her on your 50th wedding anniversary?

Just thinking about this makes me feel old. Too old. I don't want to think about being 81 years old right now. xD

• Funny 1

You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

xD

No, though I did rather like the old Batman movie - it was, actually the first movie my family owned on VHS. An uncle of mine gave us a bootleg copy shortly after we bought our first VCR. :D

• Like 1

What's the best compliment you have received?

In general, any compliment that Cy~ gives me. She's not the sort to compliment people willy-nilly for things that may or may not be accurate - when she gives a compliment, she damn well means it and will argue with you if you try to downplay it. I've made that mistake more than once.

• Winner 1

Aside from Cy~, obviously, do you trust anyone else with your life? :P

My parents, I suppose? :-/

Other than that ... not presently. A lot of my long-term friends proved not to really have my best interests at heart in the last year or so, so my social network is a bit limited at the moment.

• Informative 1

You discover that your wonderful one year old child is actually a mix up at the hospital and not your own. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

You discover that your wonderful one year old child is actually a mix up at the hospital and not your own. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

The news of the hospital mix-up acts as a bolt of lightning that shocks me out of whatever diabolical delusion has been thrust upon me by the foul illusionist that I have been locked into combat against. Shaking off his attempt to bind and distract me from the battle at hand with his vile illusions, my sword swings out in a flash - meeting the flesh of the damnable demon's unprotected neck, severing head from neck.

With their accursed master now slain, the forces of darkness - only moments before locked into a brutal stalemate with the armies of humanity - fall back, their discipline and morale shattered as they are swiftly overtaken and pushed back into the infinite, swirling abyss of darkness from whence they came.

Now hailed as a hero, I return home to my wife and live comfortably for the rest of my life.

• Like 1
  • Creative 1

Bad experience with kids?

Nah, I just don't do well with kids and prefer to not be around them. I am exceptionally happy that I'll never be at risk of having any. :D

• Friendly 1

Say you're forced to babysit a kid with a bad temper and a history of pulling on babysitter-hair. Say you're paid a thousand dollars for this single babysitting. Would you do it?

Say you're forced to babysit a kid with a bad temper and a history of pulling on babysitter-hair. Say you're paid a thousand dollars for this single babysitting. Would you do it?

Depends on the particulars of the child and the expectations placed upon me by the parents - I wouldn't be able to say for certain either way, to be completely honest. :-/

• Like 1