Ask a Zoop

zoop

What super powers would you want to have?

Oh, derp. I apparently missed this somehow.

Super powers? Hrm. Being able to turn invisible on demand would be nice. I'd be messing with people all damn day. Add in being able to fly around like Superman, and I think I'd be fairly well set. Simple, basic, and boring? Perhaps, but eh. I'd have fun with it!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you think the meaning of life is? Why do people have the hunger for knowledge? Why is life, an easy thing to create if unintended but hard to create when trying to?

You go to the doctor and find out that you have only six months to live. How will you spend that time?

Probably in large part by shivering around like an absolute terrified wreck. ^^;

What do you think the meaning of life is?

Why do people have the hunger for knowledge?

Because without it, we'd all starve to death. It's a little known fact that we need at least 575mg of knowledge in our diet every day, but sadly the FDA has yet to mandate that it be added to food labels. Supplements are available, but they can be hit or miss.

Why is life, an easy thing to create if unintended but hard to create when trying to?

Because of confirmation bias. One unintended pregnancy can basically be a life shattering ordeal with long reaching impacts, depending on the circumstances, so you're more likely to hear about them. Intended pregnancies are, on the other hand, a dime a dozen, so they all come and go without a great deal of attention by comparison. Wait, was I supposed to provide a silly answer? Let's see. :-/

Because everything feels harder to get when you want it? Wait, that's not silly either. Uh... :?

Pineapples.

What would you do if you had the powers of a god?

The plain truth? Fight really, really, really hard against the desire to enact petty revenge against numerous folks I've known. :?

Beyond that, find ways to solve world hunger, end war, end disease, etc. Basically turn the world into a happy hippy paradise of rainbows, flower power, good food, magic, and fairies, where bath bombs and ice cream would grow on trees. Try not to think too much about how that'd work.

Probably all of my screwing around would end up destroying the world and killing us all, somehow.

Edited by Guest
  • Funny 1

Would you ever consider a name-change to "zoom"? C'mon, "zoom" sounds a lot more fun. Zoom, zoom, zoom! Look mama! I'm zooming across the sky!

• Winner 1

What would you do if everything that you believed turned out to be a lie?

Everything?

Probably pick a really high cliff and take a leap, because at that point I'd be pretty well and truly screwed! :?

What would you do if an angel from heaven appeared before you?

It depends.

If it were this angel,

horriblesubs-gabriel-dropout-01-720p-mkv_snapshot_15-32_2017-01-11_02-41-26_stitch-1.jpg.f36efebbb0a7afa9fe1e40f5cf877303.jpg

I'd invite her to take a look at my game library, and see if there was anything there that she'd like to give a try. :angel:

If it was an angel angel, I'd probably grow mildly concerned about why he or she was appearing before me, and what they were about to tell me. I mean... let's face it, it isn't every day that you get visited by something like that - chances are that they wouldn't be coming down to snack on guacamole while engaging in idle chit-chat!

What if you found out everything bad that happened in your life was because God and the Devil got together and wanted to get some amusement from your suffering?

Well, I mean, I have it better than a lot of folks, so I guess I wouldn't be able to complain all that much. :-/

I've definitely had my fair share of challenges - some very obnoxious - but overall I've been fairly fortunate, for the most part.

Favorite character from Azumanga?

That's easy. <3

sakaki-1.gif.573a9690042078efffc207fcc1f5d2e2.gif

Sakaki is basically the cutest thing on the planet. My heart weeps every time I watch the show. She's so completely misunderstood. :'(

10/10, would pay big bucks for a follow-up to Azumanga in which she and Kaorin grow closer together and end up getting hitched.

• Like 1

What's Washington like? Any favorite locations for a (self-proclaimed) nerd like you? :P I know America has a lot of exclusive hobby shops based on famous brands like a Nintendo shop, or even an entire shop filled with M&Ms, just interesting novelty stores like those, which is just one reason why I want to visit there someday. Do you have any favorite parts of Washington that you like to visit?

I must have missed the notification for this thread. :o

What's Washington like? Any favorite locations for a (self-proclaimed) nerd like you?

I'm still relatively new to the area (I moved here from Oregon to live with Cy~ back at the start of 2015), but so far I think that Mount Rainier is probably my favorite place, despite the fact that I visited it for the first time only recently. I love hiking and all that, which it's a wonderful destination for!

As for other, nerdier things, the International district is a nice place to visit. There are some stores there that sell a decent assortment of anime merchandise, which is always fun to take a peek at up close. Some lovely restaurants as well - my favorite ramen place is right in there. It also has a pinball museum, which is kind of fun to visit once in a blue moon though I'm not much of a pinball fan.

I know America has a lot of exclusive hobby shops based on famous brands like a Nintendo shop, or even an entire shop filled with M&Ms, just interesting novelty stores like those, which is just one reason why I want to visit there someday.

Sadly not a whole lot of that here as compared to somewhere like New York City, I'm afraid. Nintendo of America is headquartered here, but they don't even have a gift shop. :'(

Do you have any favorite parts of Washington that you like to visit?

Hrm... outside of Seattle and Tacoma, and the various outdoors locations, there isn't a whole lot to see or do to be honest. At least not without venturing into areas that are uh ... less than desirable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You did not answer mine from page 2 or whatever, Zoop.

D: D: D: D:

Would you ever do this?

o____o

I would try to avoid being placed in a position in which I would need to try it. ^^;

Anyway, what you do every if on the Internet were true?

If everything on the internet were true? Probably run, screaming away from the horrible, contradictory world that I would find myself in. Given the extremely opposing interpretations of reality that some folks have, it would be a bit stressful to deal with.

• Funny 1

What's your feeling towards the rest of the Internet that's not AF? Are you annoyed by the huge amount of trolls and just nasty people being mean because they can get away with it? How do you deal with such people online?

What would your reaction be if your idol was directly related to you?

Extreme confusion. Cy~ and I once, while bored, traced my family line back into the 1700s, and found it to be a very boring lineage filled with people that were probably assholes. :D

What's your feeling towards the rest of the Internet that's not AF? Are you annoyed by the huge amount of trolls and just nasty people being mean because they can get away with it? How do you deal with such people online?

The last few forums that Cy~ and I were on were so incredibly amazing and filled with joy and happiness that they very nearly drove the two of us to permanently abandon the internet as a social medium.

When I finally broke down and started wandering around to see if I could find a place to join, I found that basically every community I stumbled on was not to my liking for one reason or another. AF was the only one I found that didn't irritate me.

As for my thoughts on trolls and such... I just find them to be obnoxious idiot children (either in terms of age or mentality) that need to find something better to do with their time. I deal with them by cutting them out of my life and social circles very quickly and decisively, without looking back. I've wasted enough of my life dealing with people of that sort - I just don't have the patience for it anymore.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

A friend that I met at church, and seems to now not want anything to do with me anymore because she did more than she was asked and could not really accept me, told me once that restaurants in the State where you live charge for water. Why is that?

• Informative 1