World Cup 2014

NightDancer

ME!!! Provided that I'm able to stay awake due to timezone issues.

But would need to look for ways to watch it though. Subscribing to watch the matches cost too much over here

• Optimistic 1

The Nethelands ofc! Dutchies! Maybe we will win the WC this year, we were second last time! I'm from The Netherlands so that's why xD

I don't know man, they did perform rather badly during the Euros.

But I envy you though, at least you have a home team to cheer for. I doubt I will ever see Singapore participating in the world cup

• Friendly 1

• 1 month later...

So World Cup 2014 is over and my country (The Netherlands) came in third! Not bad right? So happy for Germany for winning the World Cup! <3

I was a bit upset when The Netherlands lost against Argentina because I was not agreeing with what the coach did xD He used his last switch (to switch team players) during the very last 10 min of the 30 min extra time and I was like "No! Don't! You need it to switch goalies because penalties will happen! O.o". So yeah we lost because our main goalie is not good at penalties, we have a spare goalie who is so good at it.

• Optimistic 1

Admittedly I didn't watch much of the World Cup this year, just glanced at the news highlights. Grats to Germany for their win. :)

Anyone else notice though that World Cup games seem to be getting more controversial since South Africa? As in the general evictions of poorer people to create the venues and infrastructure.

I hope the next World Cup has less controversy, Russia is the next host right?

• Optimistic 1

I didn't watch any of the World Cup but I am so happy Germany won since I have so many German friends! I still wish it had been a Netherlands vs Germany finale though....

Argentina was playing defensive the whole time, they wanted penalties. I didn't think that was a real match to win. Germany VS Netherlands would have been so much more exciting and a lot more fun to watch!

Did you watch your own country play? or really not into sports at all? =)

Admittedly I didn't watch much of the World Cup this year, just glanced at the news highlights. Grats to Germany for their win. :)

Anyone else notice though that World Cup games seem to be getting more controversial since South Africa? As in the general evictions of poorer people to create the venues and infrastructure.

I hope the next World Cup has less controversy, Russia is the next host right?

Originally World Cup 2018 would have been in The Netherlands but they changed it :(