So about the upcoming Eureka Seven movie....

RepentantSky

Is it just a retelling of the first series proper? I just saw a trailer for it about an hour ago, which I had been trying to avoid watching anything about it, but now that's out the window, and it was using direct scenes from the original show frame by frame at some points. I don't know if I like that, but I'm curious enough to ask.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

No, it is not a retelling of the first series. The new movie also known as Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution will be 10 years before the first season story that will also depict the "First Summer of Love" incident. It won't be a remix or a remake but all the dialogues will be reconstructed, the trilogy will also have a new ending "nobody has ever known".

It will be quite interesting.

• Informative 1

theres really a eureka seven movie coming?? omg! its been forever since ive seen that series... I hope this is true

I did some research and it's more than that. The upcoming movie is part of a trilogy of films that will retell the entire first series by the end. Although I expect it will have a few different voice actors, since Takeshi Aono who played Renton's Grandfather passed away in 2012.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am beyond exited about the new E7 movies, it was one of my favorite series growing up and Eureka was my first waifu (she is adorable). I am slightly hesitant about the new voice actors but I am happy to be able to see a remake/ twist on an old favorite of mine.

I am beyond exited about the new E7 movies, it was one of my favorite series growing up and Eureka was my first waifu (she is adorable). I am slightly hesitant about the new voice actors but I am happy to be able to see a remake/ twist on an old favorite of mine.

For me, this is one where I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the movie, both in terms of it's quality, and it's voice acting. One, because some of the actors can return, and two, because even if they don't, if any new actors can make me like their interpretation of the characters, I will be highly impressed. I will be greatly annoyed however if it really is a whole new cast and they just end up imitating the previous cast because that to me, would come off as lazy.

• Agree 1

For me, this is one where I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the movie, both in terms of it's quality, and it's voice acting. One, because some of the actors can return, and two, because even if they don't, if any new actors can make me like their interpretation of the characters, I will be highly impressed. I will be greatly annoyed however if it really is a whole new cast and they just end up imitating the previous cast because that to me, would come off as lazy.

Yeah New VA's can give a new feeling to an old series and hopefully thats what happens and in a positive way.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic