Reccs for a somewhat noob

delirium tremens88

Question

Hi! Always been interested in anime. Used to watching more comical fun anime. Was looking for new anime to watch however I am unsure really where to start or where to look. I was hoping some of you could give me further advise. My favorite anime recently includes god eaters, Attack on Titan, Kabaneri of Iron fortress,   and death note. Looking for more anime similar to these. I guess you could say rather dark anime.

Thank you

:)

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Yu Yu Hakusho, if you are looking for something with fighting.  The first part has very little fighting...but it's pretty good. 

PSYCHO-PASS is very dark...kind of a psychological thriller type.  Tokyo Ghoul would be another to look into more of a horror kind of dark.  Baccano! of course would be right up your alley and a "dark comedy" with a little bit of everything thrown in for a really fun time.

My Hero Academia: Not dark, but still interesting if you haven't seen it yet. 
Psycho-Pass
Re Zero: Starting Life in Another World
Steins; Gate: Note some people say the beginning is slow but starts up at 8 or 9 (even though I like the whole thing). I still suggest watching this.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Don't judge just watch

Kaiji is a really good dark show. It's a thriller about a guy who gets caught in a yakuza gambling scheme. If he loses, he'll be sold into slavery.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shinchinin is also good. It's about prison breaking to get away from abusive guards.