Ea games suck

IFapToHentai!

Welcome to the world of hating EA Games. You know, they didn't win the Golden Poo Award two years in a row for listening to their customers and not trying to rip them off at every turn! 

Truthfully, the way they devour good IPS then run them into the mud with worthless DLC, season passes, pointless multiplayer, trying to rip people off at every turn is ruining the gaming industry. Every company they buy eventually falls from incorporating the business schemes of EA Games designed solely to rip you off. And we aren't stupid. You know 15 dollars for a patio set is crazy just as well as I do. You can't rip off customers nor take a niche game and make it casual for the masses. Not if you want to be a success. The way they devour good IPs then destroy them in just a few years is eventually going to destroy gaming outside of Japan. 

• Agree 2

On 2/18/2018 at 11:13 PM, efaardvark said:

I don't buy EA games anymore.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice....

If people stopped buying then they'd have to change their ways or go out of business.

Realistically, that's not going to happen. Without backlash like what happened with Battlefront II and the most recent Need for Speed, EA will be just fine, and if they aren't fine, every company and project will go before they do, leaving a good part of the gaming development side of this medium unemployed. The only way to stop EA without bankrupting a good portion of the industry is to force them to change their ways with the games they make that have problems that need to be resolved. That's a goal I feel as well that we can accomplish so long as we get in their faces like what happened with the two games I mentioned. It's gonna be a long battle to do that, but it's winnable, and that's encouraging. 

53 minutes ago, RepentantSky said:

Realistically, that's not going to happen.

Realistically, it might already be happening.  Disney is rumored to be thinking of taking the SW gaming franchise away from EA, and EA stockholders aren't liking what they see as a risky Battlefront II release after poor reviews and poor reception (read, "profits") from gamers to Battlefront I.

But if people want to keep giving EA money that's not something I'm going to worry much about.  Like I said, I don't buy EA games anymore.

17 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Realistically, it might already be happening.  Disney is rumored to be thinking of taking the SW gaming franchise away from EA, and EA stockholders aren't liking what they see as a risky Battlefront II release after poor reviews and poor reception (read, "profits") from gamers to Battlefront I.

But if people want to keep giving EA money that's not something I'm going to worry much about.  Like I said, I don't buy EA games anymore.

That's short term thinking. EA survived before Star Wars, they will survive after it. As for stocks, those will go right back up if people buy EA's sports games this year, which I can promise will happen. So long as they don't try that rumored monthly fee for online matches that I've been hearing about, EA will end up just fine after hitting a bad bump in the road. As long as we can force them to higher standards moving forward though, the company will have to change their ways, and that's where things are likely to go more than anywhere else. 

Hmm...I actually stopped buying anything from EA Games out of principle after the fiasco of ME3. Said I wouldn't buy from them again unless Mirror's Edge 2 came out and I held to that vow (got Mirror's Edge 2, still haven't played it, my last ever EA purchase). A friend of mine got me Dragon Age Inquisition even though I didn't want it. I politely played a few hours of it with her then shelved it forever (it sucked...I went in with extremely low expectations and it still didn't meet those). Five or six years and I've held to that vow. I remember actually the ME3 fiasco was so bad it had people selling their games and consoles because of the betrayal (real or perceived, it was a betrayal).  I didn't go that far...Actually started watching more anime again haha, the 3 years before that I had been relatively dry on the anime side.

I'll be honest. After ME3, my joy of gaming has not been the same. I think I put too much of myself into that game series and was let down way too hard. A few games have made me feel again when playing (Tales of Graces of course, Stardew Valley recaptured my love of Harvest Moon 64) but generally I've become a casual gamer since and still haven't found the motivation to start a longer game up. I don't get excited for new game releases anymore. The few I bought last year are still shrinkwrapped. The VR games though I did play. It's actually nice to have that level of immersion. If I wasn't practically blind and needed to put in my contacts to comfortably play them I might switch to a VR only set up. I guess I'm a bit shy about investing my precious time into a franchise that might be devoured by EA and subsequently ruined.  Oh well.