Hello Folks

O.G.

I am the alpha and the omega. O.G. is my name and MORPG is my game. I am an oldie or veteran gamer; some might call me a G.M. or game master, but I prefer the title O.G. or original gamer. My gaming biography is older than many gamers alive today and I have likely forgotten more about MORPG than most players have ever even learned. So let's pick up the story where I last remember, shortly after the epic game crash of 1983. As a toddler I played floor games and miniature wargames such as Little Wars, Castles & Catapaults, Lego Wars and of course, Army Men in 1985 to 1987, but I believe it was in 1989 when my first video gaming experience began. I started off playing classic Atari games when I was still a young child or fledgling gamer. Pac-Man was the first arcade game I ever played, in 1989 I do believe. But I didn't get introduced to role-playing games until I started playing The Legend of Zelda for NES in 1990, followed by A Legend of Golden Axe for SEGA in 1991, shortly before I owned my first personal computer. Then in 1994 is when I started playing Apple II games like Oregon Trail and Prince of Persia, along with text-based games like Storybook Weaver and tabletop strategy board games like Chess, Checkers, Risk, Axis & Allies, etcetera. Of course I also played many other games for Nintendo, SEGA, Macintosh and PC up until around 1997 when I discovered on-line gaming and instant messenger programs. I started on AIM in 1997, then YIM in 1998, followed by MSN in 1999, the golden years. for MORPG in my opinion. I of course found my way to places like Ayenee, Tenaria, Romantica, Nerima, Ecneics, Eden, Jacmus, etcetera during those days. I spent a lot of time in places like Jade's Tavern and Kad's DBZ/GT Battle Chat in 1998 to 1999, eventually finding my way to places like Tuxedo Mask, Charmanders-31, Vampire: The Masquerade Chat, and bulletin boards like 4chan, along with several webpages linked to Angelfire, Geocities, Bravenet, Multicity Chat, Comicity Chat, Homestead Chat, Internet Relay Chats, Anime Capsule III or Metawerx, Usagi & Mamoru's Chat, Castle Of Dragons, Red Dragon Inn, Vampire Tavern, Green Dragon Inn, etcetera. After the year 2000 is when I started site hopping to places like RPG Net, Anime Central, Roleplay Gateway, Animus Prime, Chatzy, Roleplayers Guild, Gaia Online, Novus Terra, RPNation, RPRepository, Dream Realms, Roleplayers Net, Hyrule Nations, Dungeon Masters and many other sites with chat rooms or forums. I also occasionally visited different Digimon, Pokemon, Sailor Moon and GWing chat rooms from time to time but I never really took an interest in anime, comics or cartoons. My passion was on-line fighting and learning all I could about RPG internet textual combat. I wasted countless hours studying all the different popular rulesets and methods for on-line fighting. I learned Auto, Advanced Auto, Basic T1, Advanced T1, Codex, Basic T2, T3, T4, T5, Master T2, TRBS, RCM, ART, Freeform or Freestyle and many other rulesets for engaging in textual combat. I was responsible for preserving the history and methods of on-line fighting and today I consider that feat to be probably my greatest, if not my only real accomplishment and successful contribution to MORPG, as I didn't really do much else except flirt with chicks and make some people laugh while annoying others. Some players might say that I was influential during every single RPG clan war that ever occurred, either directly or indirectly, but that's a bold claim. Although it is true that I have been present during just about every major RPG clan war on the internet, the time I actually spent role-playing was sporadic and random at best. Even today I spend more time OOC than I do IC and although I do like to chat, I rarely interact with other players in-character. I seem to be more interested in writing, sharing knowledge and telling stories than I am with actually role-playing. I find myself becoming more of a game creator or designer, a judge or mediator between on-line fighters, a joker and an artist who just likes to have fun and be creative. I am a sort of mentor or grandmaster of textual combat I guess you could say, but nowadays I don't practice typing or texting as often and have slowed down considerably over the years since I first started role-playing. I don't like to boast or brag and actually have been known to stop helping players who tend to be too cocky or arrogant, as I am an elitist or perfectionist of sorts with high moral standards who values respect and discipline over skillfulness or great performance. Over the years, I have produced arguably some of the greatest on-line fighters to ever take the stage; if not because of their skills, then because of their honorary fairness and etiquette as on-line fighters. Defeating others is easy, but defeating oneself is a challenge and I have helped many noobs to advance or become masters of textual combat due to my unorthodox and very strict standard of teaching. I unofficially retired from MORPG around 2005, then again in 2010, and then again in 2015, but I keep coming back because I just enjoy the act of on-line gaming so much, and interacting with so many people from all around the world, learning and sharing different cultures and ideas. It's fun to collaborate with others.

• Like 1
  • Creative 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums O.G. It is nice to see another avid gamer here.

My first experience was probably with the atari. It's hard to remember that far back. The console got fried in a lightning storm too do we only got to enjoy for a few months (my father was an avid ham radio fan and had gigantic antennas attached to the house. Nothing was safe in a storm.). Then someday we got the NES which eventually met the same fate (I saved that one from the trash, eventually fixing it when I was in college much later in my life) and just kept going from there.

I too retired from the MMO front a long while ago. It took too much time in my life to maintain...though I haven't had the urge to return to it at all thankfully. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the forums! 

Hi! Welcome, O.G.! 

You bring back so many old, fond memories of the AOL days! I too used to take part in clan war events. My friends and I always hung out in Red Dragon Inn, talking foolishness and sparring with one another. Timed RP battles were so much fun back in those days. I also went in the same places as you, around the same time. It makes me wonder if we may have crossed paths before. Wouldn't that be something? :P I moved on from chats to forum RP as well. There's only so much one-lining and GMing you can see before it drives you mad. xD 

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your stay on the forums! I just joined yesterday, and I'm liking it so far. Maybe you will too. :3 

• Like 1