Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

drill

Okay, so I figured since the girl on the main page is from this game, at the very least @Optic has played this game. I was planning on buying it for a while now, but this will be the first one I play of the franchise. I've heard that this is a remake of the original game so its a good entry point to the franchise, but I just wanted to ask for those who have played it, is it worth $40?

What a coincidence, I happened to have purchased it recently on my PS Vita. xD

I was drawn to this series from the anime adaptation, which is a separate story from one of the later games. I absolutely adore the character designs. :angel:

It's your standard typical JRPG though and it's a "little grindey" but there is an upgrade you can get in game to boost your EXP and adapt the game mechanics to make it more enjoyable. General feedback is it is a lot better than the original PS3 version, which I never played.

But what really makes the game shine is it's satire and hilarious dialogue, Neptune has kept me laughing every 5-10 minutes. I would recommend it. But don't expect a deep story.

Hyperdimension-Neptunia-ReBirth1-start.jpg.b0a78c1f1c65233f1d316d3ad83c0c14.jpg

Edit: a useful equipment guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/708361-hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1/faqs/70352

• 1 month later...

So it seems I'm stuck on True Arfoire in Celestia. She's just two shotting MAGES and Compa. >_< And her health is regnerating much much faster than I can damage with. Though Neptune in Purple Heart CPU form has no trouble soaking her damage.

Think I just need to level up and make some more plans?

My main party:

2015-01-01-225847.jpg.c94f44e5f2b0ce8ff3857fa43d7651e3.jpg

I haven't changed any of the CPU equips for Purple Heart:

2015-01-01-225940.jpg.fefffffcf9b6ee1e3349f2d1f0b4eec1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

@Optic, @Dark Jewel

So, this game is half off on Steam right now, and I really wanted to ask a few questions. Does the Vita version of this game:

1. Have slow loading times for cartridges instead of download versions? Or do you have the download version?
  2. Is Japanese voice acting available? As it is in the Steam version, and someone mentioned that the Japanese voices were FAR better.

I'm really wanting to get the Steam version if there is slow loading times for the cartridges (like how there was in Ys), and if there is no Japanese voice acting available in the Vita version. But since I won't be able to play it right away, it will be just sitting in my inventory for a while. >_<

• Like 1

I have the download version which I bought from the PSN store, carrying around those Vita cartridges is annoying. >_<

Yes, Japanese voices with English subtitles is absolutely available in the options. :)

• Informative 1

Thanks for the info, @Optic! As the download version is almost triple that of the Steam version (due to the current discount), I think I'm just going to buy the Steam version today, as I have a feeling that the cartridge version is going to have slow loading times.

• 3 weeks later...

@drill - the Steam version is probably the best version technically as it has better graphics BUT of course you lose some tactile feedback - I generally prefer playing JRPGs on consoles/handhelds due to the controller layout.

And I finally passed this one. I may have went overboard though in my grinding:

2015-02-22-220853.jpg.9ad13039bf76aad7f033df31e6527308.jpg

Decided to swap MAGES out for Blanc, as her CPU form White Heart packs a huge punch. And definitely isn't as squishy. :)

The ending was anti-climatic.

Overall my most memorable moments in this game was Neptune's ridiculous lines especially towards Noire:

2015-02-21-195736.jpg.f604d30858a97753ffd504ea2c91a869.jpg

Compa, IF and Nepnep eating putting together is something you may see~

And indeed that was the scene I unlocked. :)

Now onto Re;birth 2. xD

• 2 months later...

I have both Rebirth 1 and 2, but only have played about 30 minutes of 1. Ended up getting busy and I couldn't afford to let myself get sucked into a Neptunia game. Looking forward to playing this next week.

• 3 months later...

Started playing this yesterday, but didn't get that far into it yet. The battle system is quite unique, and pretty fun as well. It is a bit grindy though. I fought most of the monsters in the first cave, and then just got beat up in the second cave by the first monster that came my way. :P Also, it is a bit funny, but not as much as I was expecting.