When Did You Start Watching Anime?

Nukemsloth

Um... I started watching anime when I was at least 8 years old. I’m pretty sure my first anime was the Dragon Ball series.

SO, when did YOU start watching anime?

Edited by Nukemsloth

I did start watching Anime when i was in school, i was watching yugioh 5ds which i enjoyed! :D I also watched Pokemon which was very fun to watch :) But i haven't constantly been watching Anime until a few months back now i'm really getting in to it :D 

3 hours ago, Nukemsloth said:

Um... I started watching anime when I was at least 8 years old. I’m pretty sure my first anime was the Dragon Ball series.

SO, when did YOU start watching anime?

Exactly the same as yours 

So jealous of those of you who watched anime as kids! I didn't discover anime until about 3.5 years ago. I found a couple anime on Netflix, and I started them but wasn't too interested until I found SAO. That is what got me hooked. Sadly after that we had a long difficult move and it prevented me from watching anime for about half a year.

The thing with me is that I was watching "anime", by today's more common definition, without knowing I was watching it. Nickelodeon in the 80s (some early 90s) aired imported shows all the time, which included some animated titles from Japan, like Adventure of the Little Koala, Noozles, Grimms Fairy Tale Classics, Mapletown, the Mysterious Cities of Gold, the Lil Bits, Maya the Bee, etc. I watched all of these in some way or form whenever I was home from school or during the summer holiday, but I didn't know that they were originally Japanese shows dubbed into English with Canadian voice actors (I noticed the accents as a kid, but didn't realize it was Canadian until much later on).

Now I was watching stuff before the Nickelodeon stuff in the mid-80s (from my memory), like Voltron and G-Force with my older cousin (against my will), so...about 1984-ish?  I guess that's how long I've been exposed to anime, albeit unknowingly.