Hideo Kojima .. to the moon??

efaardvark

So Elon Musk posted a Japanese flag in response to the question of who is going to be the world's first private passenger to ride SpaceX's Big F...alcon Spaceship around the moon.  ( twitter link here )    Hideo Kojima, the Japanese video game designer/producer, was one of the first to retweet Musk's post so of course his name has been at the top of many lists of contenders, but Japan is not lacking for people with the interest and means to take such a trip. People like Masayoshi Son (SoftBank) and Takafumi Horie (Livedoor) have also been suggested for example.  I figure if any group (of which I'm a member) has any idea who it might actually be then this might be the group.  (Not that I expect anyone here to know of course.)  Let the speculation begin!  At least until Monday's announcement.  :D

Also, if you can tell me what that new BFS design looks like I'd like to hear about it.  I think I've seen it somewhere before but I can't recall where.  I want to say Moonlight Mile?  That was a long time ago though and I don't have a copy to refresh my memory.  I might be mis-remembering.  Maybe Planetes?  It is bugging me.  Help!

bfspic2.jpeg.30b1cc27cf028e9adba3e858855d4022.jpeg

• Informative 1

On 9/15/2018 at 5:11 AM, Beocat said:

I have interest...probably not the means...

You and me both, though I'm less the Neil Armstrong and more the Oregon Trail type.  Hopefully I'll still be alive - and able to afford it - when/if SpaceX-tachi get a regular Mars run going.

BTW, I meant Freedom, not Moonlight Mile, in my original post.  (But that wasn't it either.  Still looking..)

• Like 1

I find this story fascinating and a humble hopeful bright future for human space travel as a more common leisure in the not too distant future. As of right now, it'll be a purely experimental phase with many things that could and can go wrong. But like with every means of travel in our human timeline, it'll eventually get ironed out and refined till it becomes commonplace which is exciting considering we're getting to a new stage in human advancement. I wonder what the meals will be like or if they even get a meal a Space Meal that's!  

• Like 1