Looking for an anime.

Draqonic

Hi ,

I've recently had this very cool idea in my head of twins being main characters in an Anime , where they both to save the world. 

So i was wondering , is there something similar out there that i haven't heard of yet? Or something similar. I got inspired because i got the new game nieR.

So please let me know if there is something out there.

Thank you !

After a cursory search, the only thing we could find was Blue Exorcist. We've not watched it though, so we can't comment on the quality of it, or how much adventure and world saving there is.

If more exist, we are not aware of them. While it's nice in theory, having identical twins makes it confusing to the viewer, and if they aren't identical, what's the point in making them twins when you can make an older, experienced sibling, and a younger, inexperienced sibling?

The only other show we can think of where the protagonist(s) have a twin (actually sextuplets) is Osomatsu-san, which is a comedy.

As for adventure series, you'll have to go down to just siblings, and even then there aren't many choices. You've basically got Fullmetal Alchemist, No Game No Life, and possibly Mob Psycho 100. Not much in terms of adventure or world saving in Mob though, and the older brother doesn't become important until later on in the series.

We will however also mention Twin Star Exorcists. While the two mains aren't even siblings, they are both equally important, and have a really nice dynamic between them. It also has romance and a full conclusion with no major loose ends. It will probably be close enough for you.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Draqonic said:

Hi ,

I've recently had this very cool idea in my head of twins being main characters in an Anime , where they both to save the world. 

So i was wondering , is there something similar out there that i haven't heard of yet? Or something similar. I got inspired because i got the new game nieR.

So please let me know if there is something out there.

Thank you !

Welll not in particular but I think this one comes pretty close: Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Here some u might like: 

Akame ga kill, Aldnoa Zero, Tokyo ESP, Terra Formars, Gantz, Grancrest Senki (this one also comes pretty close to your descb.)

I know couple of anime that have twins as supporting characters in the background of a anime or were brief in a story arc of anime. 

Black Lagoon has a story arc about romanian serial killing twins, Flip Flappers had twins who were against the protagonists as they jumped through dimensions beating the protagonists up. Citrus towards its end animation adaptation had twins in a small story arc that centered around them. Lucky Star with kagamine and Tsukasa, Fate Stay Kaleid Prisma Illya Season 2 had a twin for Illyasviel. Shuffle had a twin story arc with Nerine. Bodacious Space Pirates had twin characters but their presence is small through the series but very vital at the same time lol. There is a harem anime called Please twins I think, there's also clannad which has background twins kyou and ryou fujibayashi. 

So Cute It Hurts which is a shojo manga is a story that is completely centered around twins trying to help each other by crossdressing as the other. A anime adaptation was made for the manga but it was incomplete only going off the first 8 volumes when the series is 15 volumes and sadly its anime adaptation was only released in japan not enough fanbase or production interest for it to be a hit sadly outside of japan.

I know none of these really meet what your asking for but their as close to my own knowledge I can put you to, Im sorry, I hope at least there is something here I mentioned that will interest you. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Closest thing I can think of is Majestic Prince (you find out towards the end). Two are maybe twins or siblings from different mothers? Test tube babies anyways so, eh.

The Twin A vs Twin B scenario is far more commonplace.

• Informative 1