Making an anime podcast - any advice appreciated

HAN

I'd perhaps set up a discord, get some folks into a voice chat over that. Would be a good way to get a bunch of different opinions and whatnot.

I also suggest, at least very quietly, playing some music. Just something to add a bit of depth to what's going on.

Finally, your intro sequence. All is well, but that knock sound is incredibly loud lol

• Like 1

Only thing I'd add to what has already been mentioned is be sure to have a exact time and day per week that you start broadcasting. Also if your going to have a live chat be sure to respond to their questions via your voice during a section of the show near the end is bets. Otherwise I'd say you have a pretty good thing going there.

1 hour ago, HAN said:

also a good idea but i need a higher subscriber count first 😂😂

Sorry advertising things like your personal server are allowed only on your profile I removed the link for this reason. Your welcome to post in on your profile though. I am ok with talking about ideas and keeping the podcast video in the post since it was there as a example for us to provide feedback.

When it comes to a regular schedule however this will help tto build a loyal follow base for your show as most people despite what they may say are creatures of habit.  This means people are more likely to review a show or video if they know when it will be aired/streamed. Even if they are like me someone who likes watching VODs aka recorded streams due to my schedule not being ruled by tv or stream schedules. It still works in that case because those sort of people may still tune in sometimes, or talk about it to someone who is more into live streaming in its live form. Both of these will get you more views and more importantly more comments and chat convo.

It's surprisingly good considering it's your first ever podcast. 

Maybe try controlling the levels of the audio a bit? The shouting hurts the ears. But in general the audio is good. Not amateurish at all.

For You Tube, maybe show the hosts talking? As some people like to watch podcasts and not just listen to them.

And try listening to existing anime podcasts. Just to get some ideas that can work for you. My favorite one is the AAA podcast found at: www.aaapodcast.com

Come to think of it I did notice a bit of squeaky audio what recording software are you using. I suggest Xsplit broadcaster as it has audio recording function in there. It also dose do video streaming and audio streaming as well so if you were gonna stream not just to YouTube, but also to Twitch as well that may be a good option. Even the free version of this software is pretty good for your basic audio work. You may also want to edit your audio later on. Audacity is great for that and is free to use.

3 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Come to think of it I did notice a bit of squeaky audio what recording software are you using. I suggest Xsplit broadcaster as it has audio recording function in there. It also dose do video streaming and audio streaming as well so if you were gonna stream not just to YouTube, but also to Twitch as well that may be a good option. Even the free version of this software is pretty good for your basic audio work. You may also want to edit your audio later on. Audacity is great for that and is free to use.

yh been using audacity and compiling everything after. I'll defo check out xsplit broadcaster

3 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

It's surprisingly good considering it's your first ever podcast. 

Maybe try controlling the levels of the audio a bit? The shouting hurts the ears. But in general the audio is good. Not amateurish at all.

For You Tube, maybe show the hosts talking? As some people like to watch podcasts and not just listen to them.

And try listening to existing anime podcasts. Just to get some ideas that can work for you. My favorite one is the AAA podcast found at: www.aaapodcast.com

ur gonna make me cry dude.  Definitely sorry about the audio.     Rose is a bit crazy 😂😥

I'll check out aaa 4 sure

I've tried adding some of the suggestions here to episode 2. Soz it's not anime but episode 3 will be. thnx for further suggestions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAN said:

yh been using audacity and compiling everything after. I'll defo check out xsplit broadcaster

ur gonna make me cry dude.  Definitely sorry about the audio.     Rose is a bit crazy 😂😥

I'll check out aaa 4 sure

I've tried adding some of the suggestions here to episode 2. Soz it's not anime but episode 3 will be. thnx for further suggestions

Yah Xsplit is awesome it helped me make a lot of cool projects. I plan on using it in the future as well. There is also something called GameCaster by them as well, but thats for geared to streaming and recording games rather then a audio and screen recorder like Broadcaster.

23 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Sorry advertising things like your personal server are allowed only on your profile I removed the link for this reason. Your welcome to post in on your profile though. I am ok with talking about ideas and keeping the podcast video in the post since it was there as a example for us to provide feedback.

When it comes to a regular schedule however this will help tto build a loyal follow base for your show as most people despite what they may say are creatures of habit.  This means people are more likely to review a show or video if they know when it will be aired/streamed. Even if they are like me someone who likes watching VODs aka recorded streams due to my schedule not being ruled by tv or stream schedules. It still works in that case because those sort of people may still tune in sometimes, or talk about it to someone who is more into live streaming in its live form. Both of these will get you more views and more importantly more comments and chat convo.

You hit hard on advertising, however if he wanted to know how it was he would need to post a link right?

6 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

You hit hard on advertising, however if he wanted to know how it was he would need to post a link right?

In this case there was a slight deviation of the rules, but I understand no malice was meant so no worries. Advertising things like personal servers are perfectly fine in your profile just not in forum topic.s

20 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

In this case there was a slight deviation of the rules, but I understand no malice was meant so no worries. Advertising things like personal servers are perfectly fine in your profile just not in forum topic.s

soz boss. np 🙏