Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]025fbd1b0506a4158a2991c0a8655ff4.thumb.jpg.5ce934a679610adb721e2c5abb039022.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hording. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who’s always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?

The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio’s journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.

Seems kinda cliche, but A-1 Pictures is doing it, so I figure it will at least look great :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this crashed and burned far faster than I anticipated. I guess I'll give it one more episode considering that this episode is considered a prequel to the anime (at least according to MAL), but it really better do good next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Within two episodes it has gotten much better.[spoiler=Episode 2]While the characters are cliché, I find the interactions between them amusing to watch. Especially between the MC and Kato. Also, as of now, Kato is my favorite character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda forgot writing about this one. :P[spoiler=Episode 6]The MC and Kato are probably the most interesting characters so far, while the other two are a bit cliche, and could use a bit more character development. That "date" was pretty interesting to watch as well.

Well, this crashed and burned far faster than I anticipated. I guess I'll give it one more episode considering that this episode is considered a prequel to the anime (at least according to MAL), but it really better do good next time.

I can feel the parody in that one, man it was pretty enjoyable. But...

I didn't really expect this kind of realism in an anime. While it is a fun ride is isn't really making much of an impact since it's mostly just as cliche as what they're taking jabs at, even if purposefully. It just isn't done that well to me.

[spoiler=Episode 7]While not a bad episode, I kinda like Kato as a character better than Utaha. I have a feeling that the next episode will probably feature the manga artist as she hasn't had much screen time lately.

[spoiler=Episode 8]While they did pretty much convince Eri to stay, I think this would have been much better without a rival character, as he is kinda just annoying, and this was seeming to be just a lighthearted show before. Hopefully, they won't lose that part of the show.

[spoiler=Episode 9]Well, it seems like it picked back up again sine they didn't focus on the antagonist too much, and from what it seems, he isn't that bad at all, just someone that the MC doesn't get along with. Eriri kinda over reacted at the end, but besides that, the episode was good.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to mention, but my episode count actually has the first episode (episode 0) start at 1, so this could be considered as episode 9 to some people.

[spoiler=Episode 10]Alright episode, but nothing really memorable. Eriri as a character doesn't really interest me as much as Kato does. Even Utaha seems better as a character. Eriri is just a simple tsundre character that really doesn't have any development beyond the cliche childhood friend.

[spoiler=Episode 11]For some reason this episode seemed really short. However, Tomo is actually a pretty decent character, and not just your cliche childhood friend that likes the MC. I do think that they brought her into the group kinda late though, I think the anime could have benefited from having more of her.

So, apparently, this ended, and I didn't even realize it. :P I really wish it had a better ending rather than just making it seem like it was one or two episodes away from being over. Perhaps there will be a season 2, but I'm not really counting on anything.

• Geano locked this topic