Open Club  ·  47 members

Poetry Club

A Mirror's Truth

Myouya

This is the tale of she who rode with a lance,
Swimming through midnight she would not glance,
Sturdy her horse, who falter did not given the chance.

White sparkling dust was elevated from the ground,
Not heroically, but elegantly at the top of the mound,
Neigh from afar, her presence calls upon dread around.

Hers was a clear visage, free of haze,
So clear and bright, it looked like a mirror in blaze,
Nigh she charged downhill, her lance like a shooting star would raze.

Stand too close to the light in false and your cast shadow at heart may be ever more consuming.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 2

21 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I loved the visual imagery you used for this “tale”. I’m still trying to pick apart it’s meaning, and am having a wonderful time - quite thought provoking. Thank you for sharing 💕

You are free to interpret it as you please, of course. That is poetry's greatest characteristic for me.
If you would want to see more in depth what it is I had in mind behind it, you may ask if you'd like.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

15 minutes ago, Keiko said:

You are free to interpret it as you please, of course. That is poetry's greatest characteristic for me.

For me as well 😊

- yea, if you don’t mind sharing what you had in mind representing the figure riding the horse? It seems to have a connotation towards spiritual truth (for me if the ending was slightly different - as to bring darkness into light, and the character not a female, I could see the figure as God)

But did you have Joan of Arc in mind perhaps?

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

For me as well 😊

- yea, if you don’t mind sharing what you had in mind representing the figure riding the horse? It seems to have a connotation towards spiritual truth (for me if the ending was slightly different - as to bring darkness into light, and the character not a female, I could see the figure as God)

But did you have Joan of Arc in mind perhaps?

I am not sure what one may understand by spiritual truth, maybe we have different words for the same idea.
What I meant to express, is the importance of staying true to what one believes is right, yet not shutting oneself from an outsider's views. Individuality and self determination are key elements of freedom, but these are only possible if one allows to listen what is outside beyond ourselves. Here, it is illustrated by the knight in bright and illusionary pure form, whereas it's truly doing harm by enforcing an extreme :

5 hours ago, Keiko said:

Nigh she charged downhill, her lance like a shooting star would raze.

How could one imagine the knight to begin razing considering her depiction? 

5 hours ago, Keiko said:

Stand too close to the light in false and your cast shadow at heart may be ever more consuming.

Be blinded by your ideals, and become a slave of yourself.

The beginning of the writing begins to make an allusion to the character's purity and supposed goodwill.
When in fact :

5 hours ago, Keiko said:

The character is just a false construction of love, and a bringer of alternative hate. Where else does hate come from, if not being the extreme believe of love and will to protect something? This of course varies in terms of how genuine the person is, how conscious about themself they really are.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1