Wow, people really do listen in controversial debates.

Guest Jupiter

Guest Jupiter

I mean as far debates go. I thought in something as far as politics and religion or something miscellaneous in general, people just squawk at each other and it goes in one ear and out the other. But surprisingly I feel bad. I actually convinced an acquaintance to rethink his views. I have no idea how I managed to do this.

I actually didn't care about the debate at all. I just gave an opinion and he went with it.

No idea what so ever, but for some reason he listened to me. Am I happy with the result? Actually....no I'm not. The outcome wasn't what I thought it was going to be. So I ask myself, was that mature on my part? I told him he could believe in what he wanted. I wasn't a complete dick about it, but I feel like one. Words really do make a difference. But I'm just.......shocked I guess.

Ever won a debate and wasn't happy with the results?

I guess easier said than done.

Ever won a debate and wasn't happy with the results?

Many many times , I love to argue with people even when I have no reason to argue against them I just feel that all sides of the issue need to be brought up and discussed , this has lead me to even out argue myself in the past (talk about over doing it) .

Even if I am wrong I just confuse the hell out of my opponent with logically correct points that don't quite fit what I'm saying 100% , until they either agree with me or give up because they know I will never stop(not a proud victory but a victory non the less) .

I have won debates, but usually that isn't my purpose, so I guess you could say that I can't relate that well. My main goal is just for the other person to understand my view. Whether they have a different view or not is kinda irrelevant to me, other than it is extremely easy to explain my view if theirs is somewhat similar.

Well, sometimes in my History class, our teacher makes us debate certain topics with the other is of the room. Sometimes I don't necessarily agree with a topic, but we still have to debate for it and I do, but at times I feel bad for other team when I get into the "Zone" xD and come across as harsh xD

Admittedly I'm not great at debating, and especially not when it comes to religious or political topics.

I suppose with debating it does relate to the ability to convince someone with your argument (or point of view), which would be useful in all walks of life, especially in a work environment.

• 6 months later...

Hmm, I dont really like arguing in general, not really because I'm particularly bad at it, I just feel sometimes its pointless and waste of time.

But well there are certain times when I was 'forced' to debate and I dont think I felt bad about winning it, and I also dont think that I will be disappointed either if I lose, because when you lose in debate its usually because your opponent have better points than yours(as in more knowledge on the specific matter).