How do you play your games?

Yuuki_Radosian

I have been thinking about how people try to get the most out of their games and how that usually translates to playing in a particular way or having a particular set up .

I mainly try to get the max that I can out of the Horror genre (not because I don't enjoy other genres but because I can get more out of the genre when I try than I can with others).

I play as late at night as I can , with all the lights off and I wear my headphones so I can't hear people creeping up behind me (to kill me)

What genre do you get the most out of and how do you do it?

Hm, I usually isolate myself in my room, wrap myself in a blanket, and play as I blast music xD

Same here. xD (Except maybe without the blanket, as it doesn't get that cold around here, and when it does thats what the heater is for. :P)

Except sometimes, I like to go play my 3DS in my brother's room for a change of scenery.

• Like 1

I prefer adventure, exploration, or simulation games with a good story in them. Usually, the gameplay bogs down the story for me, so I would just use a walkthrough and get through the obstructing gameplay as fast as possible to get to the heart of the story. More importantly, the walkthrough prevents me from missing any audio logs or other story elements that I might miss if I were to rush through the game, blinded.

Sometimes, reading a walkthrough while playing a game can be rather tiring, and I would be too lazy to do so and just wing it. The universe does feel more immersive when you're playing in fullscreen as opposed to windowed mode. I played BioShock: Infinite in windowed mode but with maximum resolution so that it stretches to my entire screen for maximum immersion. This also prevents the lag that will happen if I alt-tab a fullscreen game to my browser and refer to the walkthrough.

No, I didn't play it on the Easy level, in case you're wondering. I played it on Medium. I still have to hold some kind of reputation as a gamer around player.me, you know? :P

On an off-topic note:

The thing about BioShock: Infinite, people said that the story is focused a lot more than the gameplay, and I beg to differ, because the gameplay here still drags too much for the story to be that enjoyable. If anything, there's a lot more interesting story elements in the previous two BioShock games that aren't bogged down by repetitive scenes of shooting galleries. Of course, this doesn't include the fun little tidbits Infinite includes like the opening scene where you get to explore Columbia, but those non-gameplay moments only happen three or four times throughout the entire game, not enough to be significant.