Anyone play Card games?

ThatCynicalSnob

It's been a long time since I've played any card games. With card games, you usually need friends to play it... and well, ever since I got the Internet, there weren't really many opportunities for me to do much socializing outside. Everyone's got a Facebook now anyway. And besides, they've made video games that lets you play card games on a computer screen. lol...

Back then though, I did play games like Pokemon TCG and a tiny bit of Magic the Gathering. Magic never stuck, though I loved the flavor texts and the monster pictures. As for Pokemon, I used to own thousands of fake cards bought from a vending machine for a couple of cents. Then I started collecting real ones - even bought a card album - and then I kinda threw them all away... I don't know. My childhood's kind of messy.

Never really got into the other card games like Yu-Gi-Oh! or Digimon, but I did naively think that the Dual Masters TCG was going to become popular when it was first released, and so I begun to collect a little bit. But I lost interest in it very quickly. I tend to not hold interest over things for long periods of time.

The closest thing to a card game I've played is Cards Against Humanity, or at least a clone of it, online with some friends. It's a great time provided you are a terrible human being with a love for dark humor.

• Like 1

The closest thing to a card game I've played is Cards Against Humanity, or at least a clone of it, online with some friends. It's a great time provided you are a terrible human being with a love for dark humor.

Wasn't there a similar tabletop game many years ago? I remember this tabletop game where the players get to roleplay disgusting and inhumane actions that are downright immoral. lol I'm not going to list examples, but damn, I have to admit that the kind of edginess that comes with these games kinda entice me.

Well Cards Against Humanity originally was a tabletop game actually, someone just had the bright idea to make it online. Doesn't involve any role playing though. It's just like a politically incorrect version of Apples to Apples.

• 8 months later...

Well I play Pokemon not very good at it and I only have a small collection of cards since packs are very hard to come by where I live.