Isekai Quartet

Shiroe

What do you guys think about Isekai Quartet? It's a chibi comedy that crosses Overlord, Youjo Senki, KonoSuba, and Re:Zero. The shorts are around 12 minutes long each, which makes basically nothing happen so far.

Personally, I appreciate all of these anime. None of them are flawless, but it's nice to see something like this every once in a while. I'm hoping this becomes more of a recurring thing because this premise only having one season is a huge waste of potential.

Image result for isekai quartet

So far, I find it pretty entertaining. It's a laid-back experience that I can enjoy the inside jokes of because of the time I spent with the shows already. You can read my in-depth thoughts on the show here if you'd like.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I’m loving this series since it provides some much needed weekly laughs.  I still want another season of Konosuba (and hope the movie makes it to the US), but this is a good stop-gap. I haven’t seen Rezero or Tanya the Evil yet, but have added them to my plan to watch list. Albedo and Aqua have probably provided the most laughs so far for me, but we need more Megumin & Demiurge. Though my favorite line has to be “even the skeleton guy has a harem”

Looks like someone finally did subtitles for the OP & ED

And yes, yesterday’s episode was one of the best 🤣

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 2

BEACH EPISODE!!!

Yes, Darkness is indeed “impressive”, even in chibi form 🤗

21 hours ago, Kinbaryu said:

I think it’s a toss up whether he or Aqua gets the least respect, especially since the highpoint this week was Tanya going off on her (hate to disagree with Dr. Peter Venkman, but sometimes saying you’re a god(dess) ISN’T the right answer :P )

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I didn’t realize there were so many isekai anime that there could already be a parody anime about 4 of them. 

Fun fact: all four of these shows are associated with Kadokawa, and all four authors of the source materials are friends with each other. It probably makes things easier to collaborate when you're already friends with each other and enjoy each other's work. They even watch Isekai Quartet together.

I'd like seeing more collaboration/cross-over anime to be honest. Maybe Naofumi, (Shield Hero) Rimuru, (Tensei Slime) and others could join for some shenanigans.

Edited by Kinbaryu
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

12 minutes ago, Kinbaryu said:

Maybe Naofumi, (Shield Hero) Rimuru, (Tensei Slime) and other could join for some shenanigans.

I could easily see Shion & Albedo going at it over who is more powerful: Rimuru or Ains while Tanya’s subordinates reflect on the unfairness of both a skeleton and a ball of goo have harems. Or Megumin going against Millim for who can do the most damage in a single attack.

19 minutes ago, Kinbaryu said:

I'd like seeing more collaboration/cross-over anime to be honest.

That was one of the reasons I was so excited by the concept of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles as CLAMP has some of my favorite series, but I found the results disappointing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I’d love to watch this, just have to watch the source material first or it won’t be as funny

This is true. I wouldn’t find the Overlord & Konosuba jokes nearly as funny if I hadn’t seen them But I still find Tanya’s jokes really funny and haven’t seen it. Rezero seems to be the weakest since the only thing I really get is Subaru is treated as a loser. Reading @Kinbaryu blog about the series helped though.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

16 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Rezero seems to be the weakest since the only thing I really get is Subaru is treated as a loser.

Haha yeah, Subaru really is a big loser. I still love the guy, though.

[Re:Zero spoilers]:

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I’d love to watch this, just have to watch the source material first or it won’t be as funny

Honestly, my interpretation of the series is the other way around. I think Isekai Quartet is meant to be watched by people who haven't seen all four in order to spark interest. I just happened to have watched all four of them already, so I picked it up. Even if you haven't seen any of them, Isekai Quartet might lead people to think:

"Huh, that's pretty interesting. I wanna see more of that."

At least, that's how I see it. Though, it does a pretty bad job of selling Re:Zero and Youjo Senki, and I can see how keeping track of all of these names would probably be a headache for a newcomer.

Edited by Kinbaryu
  • Agree 1

Class Two has just been introduced. I can't believe we're on episode 10 already, lol. There's plenty of material available for a season two of this.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2fbd053089e542caa064193385b54b02.png

image.thumb.png.da432861e0b27593c73c3858ef49f032.png

image.thumb.png.4d1d002e063ec3c380e2568b51ae1616.png

image.thumb.png.2bfe1549f91340e14a8298d485128390.png

image.thumb.png.13d6d978578a2c29f27030b6a870c143.png

image.thumb.png.f1036bce71d19ae564e3a4c910b22a54.png

Isekai Quartet made Tanya a little too cute, considering how brutal and murderous she actually is. I have to remind myself that she actually looks like this.

Image result for tanya youjo senki

I didn’t enjoy this week’s ep as much as the past couple because it seemed to require a more detailed understanding of ReZero. I wish they had introduced Vanir earlier & personally I would have preferred Wiz to Kris. With only 2 eps left, I wonder how they will wrap things up.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

@Ohiotaku The only thing you really needed to know is that Reinhard is the "cheat" character to contrast with Subaru's pathetic "powers".

I would have loved to have seen more Pandora's Actor and Vanir, though. Wiz over Kris also makes more sense considering that Wiz has had more anime screentime. (There's also Yunyun and like a billion Overlord characters that didn't even make it into the Overlord anime.)

I'm starting to think KonoSuba is the weakest link of Isekai Quartet now, to be honest. Besides Aqua, they've all just kind of stuck to their gags and not really interacted with the other shows. I thought the show was going to fix this with Tanya agreeing with Kazuma to not win, but I guess not.

• Like 1

Just finished watching episode 12. Predictably the 4 MCs had to make use of their special talents to overcome the final boss (even Subaru was useful :lol: ). One thing I was confused by

Tanya’s final  incantation sounded an awful lot like a prayer (the subtitle used the word Lord). I thought she was an atheist.

And the final scene promises the introduction of transfer students in season 2 ... yeah that’s right 😁 (maybe we’ll get to see Naofumi or Rimuru afterall)

Edited by Ohiotaku

6 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

And the final scene promises the introduction of transfer students in season 2 ... yeah that’s right 😁 (maybe we’ll get to see Naofumi or Rimuru afterall)

I'd love to see that. It's be hilarious to see how huge this universe can get.

Spoiler

Tanya was an atheist in her original life, but was transferred to WW1 Alter by Being X in order to increase her faith in God. When Tanya "prays", Being X "blesses" her with tons of magical energy, but Tanya still wants to destroy Being X.

Other notable potential isekai anime are No Game No Life, Sword Art Online, and Log Horizon. This could be its own entire thread, lol.

Edited by Kinbaryu
  • Informative 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Lazy question sorry: where can I stream this? 

Season 1 is on Funimation & Crunchyroll. Season 2 hasn’t been released yet.

This is a handy site for seeing what services carry a particular series

https://because.moe/