Too Quiet

filip

This forum needs less inactive members, and more active ones.

This is arguably the busiest we've been since 2015 started. :?

I heard Drill talking about advertising the forums on more popular site though. But I find the real charm of this forum is that it's not a big forum. That's what MAL is for.

This is arguably the busiest we've been since 2015 started. :?

I heard Drill talking about advertising the forums on more popular site though. But I find the real charm of this forum is that it's not a big forum. That's what MAL is for.

I hope that it doesn't get too huge........I like smaller communities because it allows us to get to know each other better.

• Agree 3

Indeed; while it is definitely good to have a sizable community, having a somewhat small yet close one is a much more enjoyable experience to me. If you get a few friendly people posting a lot, it can snowball quite quickly and then activity skyrockets. Particularly if they live in the same or close time-zones. It can be difficult having conversations when half of the forum members are on the other side of the world from you, unless you're nocturnal~

It can be difficult having conversations when half of the forum members are on the other side of the world from you, unless you're nocturnal~

That's the beauty of forums. You can talk to people on the opposite side of the world without being nocturnal. You leave your messages and then when they get up, they can respond to them.

I know what you mean. It's nice to be able to have conversations right here right now but it isn't always possible with all the different time zones.

This forum needs less inactive members, and more active ones.

Yes, aiming for more members to improve overall activity.

I have some paid advertising going via a banner ad on DeviantArt and a Google sponsored result going for certain anime keywords to improve our exposure. I'm also considering advertising on Twitter but I must confess I'm not too familiar with it.

@SanguineTear, @Seacliff, @Ryuji: regarding community size, I do agree there is a certain charm to a small-medium community. On really large communities where hundreds of members are posting on a given thread, it inevitably makes for a more distant environment. It can make it harder for newer members to join too.

Been to many old forums with thousands of members before and honestly it was horrible. =__= A lot will welcome you but after that you're all on your own. That's why I've been trying to be active here and answered some threads to liven up this forums.