Apple Products

Optic

Hey guys,

Just curious what Apple products (if any) you own or use at work? And what are your impressions?

For me:

My first Apple product was an iPhone 3GS, it was my very first Smartphone. I really do think the phone market changed a lot when Apple released their first iPhone five years ago in 2007!

I work at an Apple school, so all the students use MacBook laptops, iPads, and iMacs in the computer labs. We also have Mac Mini servers hosting our Wiki servers, though we still use Dell servers for Active Directory and network file storage.

As a result I use a MacBook Pro at work and using Mac OS X for the first time was really daunting for me. It took me a month to get used to the interface and then 6 months to really get used to all the system preferences underneath and Apple terms.

Which do I prefer?

Well I think Mac OS X is a great platform for development because you have the Unix terminal and most if not all development programs have a Mac version now. However, I still prefer PCs for gaming. I love building PCs at home and upgrading them, finding a beautiful case to go with it and putting it all together and optimising it. You just don't have that same range of upgrades or choice when you buy a Mac.

But Apple products look great too, if not more expensive! They're using a lot of aluminum lately with their recent MacBook Airs and iPhone 5 releases.

Apple is great if you want it to just work, with no hassle under a single package.

What about you?

My apple products list.

- iPhone 3g (I sold it though)

- iPhone 3gs (Same as above)

- iPhone 4 (Back up phone =D)

- iPhone 4s (black and white xD Private phone and work phone)

- iMac 27 inch

- iPad

- iPad 2

Waiting for

- iPhone 5

Wanting a macbook pro.

I am the worst I know...

Oh! What cases do you have for your iPhones and iPads? You already saw my blue one for my iPad 2. :)

Simple black one actually for the first one. Pink for iPad 2 because they didn't have purple gehe. Blue ofc you would have chosen blue & yup I did see it!

For my iPhone I usually have the silicon (sp) ones in purple. Breaks the fall a lot if I drop it. Besides last time when I didn't have my iPhone case around it...xD Karma?

For me it's just an iPod touch, but I've only had it for like a week, still waiting to soon unlock everything it can do.

And even though I did grow up with PC's, that only goes for operating systems, otherwise, Apple can make one mean media player :cool:

I used to own an iPod Nano, the first Generation, but after the recall, they changed it to the 6th Gen for me. The squarish one. I'm alright with using the iPod, its one of the better quality mp3s out in the market to me.

I used to use a MacBook Pro during my internship period. Loved it for its quick shutdown etc, but the overall interface, well, lets say I'm still too used to a Windows interface.

My favorite Apple product would be the iTouch but I am tempted to get an iPhone 5 for my next phone after being a Samsung user for 8 years. It would be a nice change and it is very easy to use. Looks professional too in my opinion. :)

I don't think I'll ever purchase a Mac laptop.

Apple products have the best image display (resolution) right out of the box, which is why I like to use the MacBook Pro for video editing at my workplace.

I used it for digital painting for a few occasions, absolutely loved the display. But for my money, I'll never buy it.