Jump to content

drill

AF Member
  • Posts

    1,924
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    97

Everything posted by drill

  1. drill

    Nisekoi:

    [spoiler=Episode 2]Really disappointed in this episode. They really nailed it with the first episode, but they're just going back to more of what the first season was, which wasn't all that great imo.
  2. [spoiler=Episode 3]Pretty interesting to see the flashback in how they are both in complete disagreement. I have a feeling that Yukino's plan is going to flop, and Hachiman is going to somehow save it somehow. Perhaps he'll even be the candidate running against her.
  3. A bit surprised you put Tokyo Ghoul √A at the top. While I haven't watched any of the series, but I haven't heard too many good things. I liked your choices of Plastic Memories, Kekkai Sensen, Nisekoi, Fate/Stay Night, Arslan Senki, and Owari no Seraph though. I really need to start watching Death Parade. I've heard great things about it, but just never got around to watching it.
  4. drill

    Ayyy

    Welcome to Anime Forums, @filip! Hope you enjoy your stay I'm doing pretty well, what about you? Also, have any favorite anime and/or manga?
  5. Asuka is probably the most interesting character so far. I really couldn't see her as a main character, but she does pretty well as a supporting character. Fortunately, due to the way the story progressed so far, it seems that she will be seen much more in future episodes compared to the last two.
  6. drill

    Do you own a forum?

    Hm... that's a really good question. I would have to say a Touhou/Anime forum, putting the looks of the site above the actual content. Most Touhou forums nowadays have been around for a while and use dated software, as well as have communities that are hard to get plugged into. I would probably end up writing the whole thing from scratch, and adding things like full AniList/MAL integration. I would probably add a few other things as well, but I'm too tired to think of anything else at the moment.
  7. Anime Release Notifier is an extension for Firefox, Chrome, and Android. It takes items you are watching from sites like MAL, AniList, or Hummingbird and lets you know when a new episode has been released. Its a real life saver when you're watching 10+ shows at once. Link to the site (Links to the extensions are on the site's front page): https://animereleasenotifier.com
  8. drill

    Do you own a forum?

    Nope, I've never owned a forum. I really couldn't imagine owning a forum, and trying to be active on this one, it just wouldn't work. (Maybe if I stopped watching 15+ shows per season I could probably find time, but why would I do that? )
  9. drill

    Mushishi

    Got around to watching this again. These types of anime that are episodic, and no episode has any real effect on the next one makes it so then there is no real reason to just plow through the series. Perhaps one of the sequels is more linear.
  10. drill

    Pandora Hearts

    So, this manga finally finished. The ending, while satisfying, didn't really feel like it meant much. Mainly because the story was so complex that waiting several months for the author to finish really made me forget most of it. Perhaps, if I get the time, I'll try to reread this all the way through in a few days.
  11. Playing Tales of the Abyss. This is my third playthrough. Unfortuently, it doesn't have as much replayability as other games.
  12. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJZb8pd57uA
  13. Hm... pretty much the only things I like doing that is considered a sport is bowling and golfing. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go out and golf in a while. Perhaps that chance will come around again sometime this summer.
  14. Didn't live up to the last episode. [spoiler=Episode 2]While the introduction of the characters were good, I guess I'm just not liking the progression of the anime so far. It feels like not much has happened, and I really want them to just start playing, and to talk less.
  15. drill

    Re-Kan!

    [spoiler=Episode 2]Sadly, not as good as the first episode, but still fairly decent nonetheless. It would have been better if they didn't try to include random classmates into the show this early on.
  16. Surprisingly better than the first episode. [spoiler=Episode 2]Seems like we have a classic Tsundere heroine here. Also, it was nice to see that he actually passed since the grandfather came around and tasted Souma's dish; although, they could do without the fanservice. Still, I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
  17. Sorry to hear that Yuuki. Hope your doctor's appointment goes well.
  18. Bleach is a mainstream shounen anime, so it shouldn't be showing stuff like that, and you shouldn't be expecting it from a show like that. Again, I think you are just watching the wrong shows. Try Fate/Zero, and if you want something that's airing, try Arslan Senki.
  19. Um... replacing a modem doesn't just automatically fix your problem. My internet service provider is fairly good, and pretty much never goes down. Sometimes there can be slow downs in the evening when higher paying customers are using up all their bandwidth.
  20. Perhaps you've been watching the wrong shows? I haven't really noticed this, but I've only been watching anime for two years and super violent anime aren't exactly my cup of tea. To be honest, it sounds like all you are looking for is violence, even if you have to sacrifice story/characters to get it. There are plenty of anime released now with violence, but you can't really create a good plot or develop characters if all you have is violence. If you want a modern violent anime, perhaps try out Fate/Zero, if that isn't good enough for you, I'm not really sure what is.
  21. [spoiler=Episode 2]Wow, that was some battle. I wasn't really surprised to see a traitor among their ranks, but how in the world did those two towers appear out of no where? Also, who in their right mind would have fallen for going around? Falling back would have easily been the best option as they probably still outnumbered the other army. Also, if I was leading, I would have anticipated their attack. Anyway, really good episode, and can't wait for next week's episode.
  22. Fairly decent episode. Learning about Yuuji's past was pretty interesting as well. To be honest, I'm not really sure how he got through all of that and didn't end up insane. At any rate, its odd that everywhere is marking this as completed as it even said that the next episode would be a continuation. It does appear that Grisaia no Rakuen is going to air next week though, so perhaps they just used this as 'Episode 0'.
  23. So, after going back to Chromium, and I've found myself back with Firefox again. I've edited it severely so then it fits my tastes as well.
  24. [spoiler=Episode 2]Really good episode this week. They seem to be on the right track for developing both MCs, but its too bad that the orange haired girl is a stereotypical tsundere. Anyway, I have a feeling this will end up as one of my favorite anime if it continues on this path.
  25. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvMABAqzKe0
×
×
  • Create New...