Isekai Cheat Magician

Seshi

CB320693-C847-4912-8A7F-165497FE8BDB.jpeg.093c4b57ae706fa6ce324db3f21ea62b.jpeg

Synopsis: As regular high school students Taichi and Rin disappeared in a beam of light. When they came to, the two of them were already in a world of swords and magic. Finally getting away after experiencing an attack by monsters, following the suggestion of adventurers they headed on the path towards the guild. In the guild, the two of them found out that they possessed unbelievably powerful magic. Thus the regular high school students transformed into the strongest cheats... [MAL]

Anyone watching? Want to discuss the newest episodes here?

I’m a bit biased in that I don’t like to play magician casting characters in RPGs... Just from seeing the bits of action from the intro of ep 1 I don’t think this will interest me. What are your thoughts as the series progresses?

I’d initially defended this series because it seemed like people on other forums/sites were bashing it for being an isekai without some ridiculous gimmick or fetish at it’s core which made it generic or boring in their opinion. I still don’t think it’s right for it to be rated lower than Arifureta which even the haters admit is ugly garbage. Still I have to admit it’s disappointing and increasingly becoming a chore to follow, so I can’t promise I’ll stay with it till the end of the season.

As far as the direction I had hoped it would take, I’d hoped over the course of the adventure we would see the 2 MCs relationship go from childhood friends to something more romantic

in the first ep the male lead tells the girl to escape while he distracts the monster. Afterwards she chews him out saying even though he might think he was being heroic, in her eyes it was the same as abandoning her. That come what may they need to face it together, even it means dying together

Unfortunately as we approach the halfway point of the season I actually find the characters less interesting and likable than at the start.

I personally love it although it is a bit slow with the first few episodes because of all the introductions and explaining but that’s to be expected. I just love over powered magic characters so I don’t think I really have anything bad to say except for there has only been one battle scene so far and it was a little lackluster for me. But I’m gonna watch it till the end and hopefully it gets way better and doesn’t end on a bad note. 

• Like 1

Would been nice if they spent more time on the action scenes, seemed rather kind of dull. But aside from that, my most anticipation from this anime will be the romance development, really want that to happen. : ) 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

7 hours ago, Kaito said:

my most anticipation from this anime will be the romance development, really want that to happen. : ) 

That was the direction I was hoping it would take as well, unfortunately the flirtatious manner of the new girl in episode 5 makes it feel like it’s going to turn into a harem.

I may come back to it later, but gonna set it aside for now. If nothing else maybe try something on my PTW list.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2