Ancestors game looks promising

Nightwarrior95

It does look interesting.  Pretty sure I won't be playing it tho.  For one thing it isn't available natively for linux.  For another, Epic is one of the places promoting it, and given their track record they'll likely try to do one of their exclusive deals that makes it unavailable anywhere else.  Epic doesn't have a linux client anyway.  I'll just pretend it doesn't exist until/unless I see it somewhere like GoG.

(And yes, Steam is also advertising it, but I know of at least one person who pre-ordered a game - mech warrior 5 - through Steam and are STILL waiting on a date for their game, even though it has been advertised through Epic for more than a year now, because Epic pulled a last-minute exclusivity deal.  Can't get their money back from Valve either because Valve says they will release it on Steam, eventually.  If Epic is involved in distribution then I'm not going anywhere near it.  Just one of many reasons I don't pre-order games, and think exclusivity deals on content are extremely anti-consumer.)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 5:53 AM, efaardvark said:

Update: FWIW, one of my favorite YT game streamers happens to be live-streaming this game atm...

Even Gameriot, theRadBrad etc..I like their commentaries. It makes the walk-throughs interesting

48 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

really interesting concept! I've always been interested in anthropology and hominids, and have actually been waiting for a game like this. Will definitely check it out when I have the time (and maybe see what the whole epic games controversy is all about 😂)

Its a great game so far. Sure, it needs some work but its an awesome they have done with the evolution concept

On 8/29/2019 at 12:43 PM, PrestigeTweeker said:

A simulator, where we take the role of some hominids (or whatever)?

Sounds interesting,

(NOTE: I still hate Epic Games, i forgave them a little bit because of Jazz Jackrabit, and the Unreal Engine)

Yeah, then you evolve them from one form upto human beings. So you learn hunting skills, survival skills etc..but the visuals are quite nice

• Like 1