Paintball or Airsoft

VXDragonSlayer

Airsoft or paintball  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Airsoft or paintball

I want to do airsoft iv'e already done paintball and liked it but what do you prefer airosft or paintball as far as i have watched people on youtube play airsoft it was really cool and i wonder which would be better airsoft or paintball i'd also like a reason like pain level, realism blah blah blah you get the jist so give me your anwser please.

Interesting topic. I live in Australia, and Airsoft is pretty much illegal here due to our strict firearm laws. You can't import them because many Airsoft replicas look like real weapons and are therefore classified as restricted military weapons.

Haven't done Paintball before.

Laser tag inside indoor venues is all I've ever done, which I'm well aware is nowhere near the same as Airsoft or Paintball. >_<

Several years ago, I tried out both, and enjoyed airsoft quite a bit more. Although, I only ever did paintball once, I got shot in the neck on the first day, and never played again. Airsoft can be fun if people aren't completely gung-ho about it, imo, but it gets rather boring really fast when only a few people are over the top about it. This is also the reason why I never really got into airsoft either, as there were some people I would play with, and a few of them were just way too serious too the point where it really did ruin other people's fun, and a few times where someone could have gotten seriously hurt as well.

Several years ago, I tried out both, and enjoyed airsoft quite a bit more. Although, I only ever did paintball once, I got shot in the neck on the first day, and never played again. Airsoft can be fun if people aren't completely gung-ho about it, imo, but it gets rather boring really fast when only a few people are over the top about it. This is also the reason why I never really got into airsoft either, as there were some people I would play with, and a few of them were just way too serious too the point where it really did ruin other people's fun, and a few times where someone could have gotten seriously hurt as well.

Well i guess its because some people feel as if it has to be realistic and want it to roleplay military style scenarios i guess and in a way they want it suspenseful lol... what do you think drill?

• Agree 1

Well i guess its because some people feel as if it has to be realistic and want it to roleplay military style scenarios i guess and in a way they want it suspenseful lol... what do you think drill?

Yeah, that pretty much covers it. Quite a few people who play really can't get the idea out of their head that its just a game, and not Call of Duty irl. :P In fact, every person that was over the top about it, was addicted to Call of Duty and the like at that time.

• Agree 1

I've never played airlift before, though I've done paintball many times before, it's a little anxious in your first few games but once you get the hold of it shots near anymore won't hurt as much. I remember be and a friend of mine were sheltering behind a bus and he was refilling his tank and he shot in my arm which was only a couple on inches away. Hurt like hell, but I was fine after a few moment other than the scar that the cut left behind.

I've heard a lot about airsoft particularly about how the pain is more realistic, though I don't know how that would work.

• Agree 1

I've never played airlift before, though I've done paintball many times before, it's a little anxious in your first few games but once you get the hold of it shots near anymore won't hurt as much. I remember be and a friend of mine were sheltering behind a bus and he was refilling his tank and he shot in my arm which was only a couple on inches away. Hurt like hell, but I was fine after a few moment other than the scar that the cut left behind.

I've heard a lot about airsoft particularly about how the pain is more realistic, though I don't know how that would work.

Yeah i played paintball didnt hurt as much but i did accidently shoot my dad 3450 times because he was my enemy but at the place i was at as soon as someone had paint on them they where out, my dad was clearly out and i was disquilified for the round for unloading a whole magazine on him LOL :hot:(o^.^o)<3:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Yeah i played paintball didnt hurt as much but i did accidently shoot my dad 3450 times because he was my enemy but at the place i was at as soon as someone had paint on them they where out, my dad was clearly out and i was disquilified for the round for unloading a whole magazine on him LOL :hot:(o^.^o)<3:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Ahahah

I used to to do that same thing, but maybe I was more stealthy since I never got caught :P

• Winner 1

But i wanna play softball as it may be serious but in a way that adds on to the fun i guess well that and i love suspense and thrill maybe its male genes and women im not to sure because im not a women lol maybe they are the same but have got more accuracy and speed than men just depends on the person i guess anyways i wanna play airsoft and ask for a sword because it's kirito time and imma cut some bb's hehe while shooting the poor old guy on my team if there is one lol.

• Like 1

Hey what are the paintball places you've been or airsoft places? nuh1000

Oh we've been to two places, there aren't many up here in New york. One was "Cousins" which pretty good and inexpensive and the other was "High Velocity" Which was really expensive but the maps were really cool <3 and overall it was great!

Where do you go?

Oh we've been to two places, there aren't many up here in New york. One was "Cousins" which pretty good and inexpensive and the other was "High Velocity" Which was really expensive but the maps were really cool <3 and overall it was great!

Where do you go?

England there's one in sheffield thats where i shot my dad lol

• Like 1

Interesting topic. I live in Australia, and Airsoft is pretty much illegal here due to our strict firearm laws. You can't import them because many Airsoft replicas look like real weapons and are therefore classified as restricted military weapons.

Haven't done Paintball before.

Laser tag inside indoor venues is all I've ever done, which I'm well aware is nowhere near the same as Airsoft or Paintball. >_<

Meanwhile I live in Montana in the US, so I can get an actual rifle with a 100 round drum mag easier than you can get an airsoft gun xD

Really though, classifying them as restricted military weapons based on looks makes zero sense to me =/

Anyways, I've only played paintball so I can't really say much on airsoft, I don't really know anything about it at all. From the sounds of it though it would be awful, I hate when people take things seriously period, unless it's something that actually matters. I've only done paintball a bit though, after a few major surgeries I'm not allowed to get hit in the tummy lol, but when I did it was pretty fun. We played it out in the woods just a bit outside of town, and everybody had camo jackets so it wasn't particularly easy to spot each other. Hurt a bit to get hit but not terribly, unless it was like bare skin or something, in which case it was awful. Or if it was point blank. I never was hit point blank, but I may or may not have ended up hitting my best buddy point blank in the kidney with a paintball gun, and he was not exactly thrilled about it.

Meanwhile I live in Montana in the US, so I can get an actual rifle with a 100 round drum mag easier than you can get an airsoft gun xD

Really though, classifying them as restricted military weapons based on looks makes zero sense to me =/

Anyways, I've only played paintball so I can't really say much on airsoft, I don't really know anything about it at all. From the sounds of it though it would be awful, I hate when people take things seriously period, unless it's something that actually matters. I've only done paintball a bit though, after a few major surgeries I'm not allowed to get hit in the tummy lol, but when I did it was pretty fun. We played it out in the woods just a bit outside of town, and everybody had camo jackets so it wasn't particularly easy to spot each other. Hurt a bit to get hit but not terribly, unless it was like bare skin or something, in which case it was awful. Or if it was point blank. I never was hit point blank, but I may or may not have ended up hitting my best buddy point blank in the kidney with a paintball gun, and he was not exactly thrilled about it.

you and me both i drilled billions into my dad point blank hehe!

I've never played airsoft. I don't even know what it is! However. I have paintballed twice, I like it! But I'm not super hardcore about it. Plus I have terrible aiming skills but I am pretty sneaky. It is scary on the first game but the wariness wears off on the first 5 mins as your pumped with adrenaline. Altogether. It's fun! Especially if friends are involved.

• 4 weeks later...

I think paintball is better just because I never played airsoft xD.

Played it once with all my classmates after graduation, was really fun.except that someone keep hiding like a little b*tch