Proper introduction

Hanna Fechik

I know I have been on here for several years, but I decided to properly introduce myself. Hi, I'm Hanna. I love art, culture, and animation, especially anime. 

My introduction to anime is also super weird, if anybody is curious, I'll explain it.

5 minutes ago, Otaking66lives said:

Welcome to the Insanity! Hope you enjoy your time here. Just watch... *gets hit by flying polyp*...out. Geez. Anyways, welcome.

BTW, yes we are curious...

So my introduction is weird, because I didn't REALLY get into it until I was in my mid-late teens.

So I was really young (3-4) and anime at that time was not as popular in the U.S. as it is now. I remember having a VHS tape of the 80s anime "Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics", at the time never knew that was Japanese. In fact, I didn't know what or where Japan is/was, but I kept hearing that from my grandmother(she traveled there in the early 90s). I also remember seeing "Spirited Away" in theaters, and of course kept seeing Pokemon everywhere I went.

When I was also a tween, I discovered the animations of Naomi Iwata (I don't know how much of you probably know said creator or animations, but they're not in the typical anime style and are done in CG animation and are aimed at very young kids.) That lead me to do some exploring, and I as I found out, Spirited Away and Pokemon were fro the same place. I was also introduced to "Ponyo", "My Neighbor Totoro, and "Kiki's Delivery Service" as well.

So yeah, that's my introduction to anime.

• Like 2

Hello Hanna and welcome to AF, hope you were having a great time before you made it official! :D