Anyone seen this and can recommend it

Bulletje76

Question

7 answers to this question

I’ve been watching & enjoying since season 1. Lot’s of action but also complex characters and historical setting. It’s sense of humor gets pretty crude though, kinda like Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure in that respect. Season 4 went on hiatus halfway through last year due to a creative staff member passing away, but is supposed to air in it’s entirety this season. Not sure how far along they are in adapting the manga.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 12:52 AM, Ohayotaku said:

I’ve been watching & enjoying since season 1. Lot’s of action but also complex characters and historical setting. It’s sense of humor gets pretty crude though, kinda like Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure in that respect. Season 4 went on hiatus halfway through last year due to a creative staff member passing away, but is supposed to air in it’s entirety this season. Not sure how far along they are in adapting the manga.

Just started a new job,..but have some time this evening. Let me start this. I dont know of any other options. BTW mate,..if i look at your animelist that you viewed;..is there a way that i can select the ones i might like? So lets say filter for magic, adventure, isekai, fantasy? Sorry to bother you yet again

If you were wanting to sort my personal list, it looks like I would’ve had to made entries in the tag column, which I didn’t :P 

But if you go to the page for a title you liked, there should be entries for genre & theme that you can click on for other titles with the same. Sorting by members would give you an idea of how popular it is, or by score for how well done/enjoyable people on average felt it was. Of course that can differ from my own opinion.

Another option is too search for interest stacks with a theme you enjoy. Good luck.

One caveat in regards to Golden Kamuy, I seem to remember you commenting that you can be put off if a series art/animation isn’t up to a certain level. While a fairly new series, the CGI bear in the first ep was the butt of quite a few jokes online & I’m not sure what you will think of the character designs/ facial expressions.

spacer.png

For me the story & character backstories/development make it worthwhile and in my top 20.

Edited by Ohayotaku

22 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

If you were wanting to sort my personal list, it looks like I would’ve had to made entries in the tag column, which I didn’t :P 

But if you go to the page for a title you liked, there should be entries for genre & theme that you can click on for other titles with the same. Sorting by members would give you an idea of how popular it is, or by score for how well done/enjoyable people on average felt it was. Of course that can differ from my own opinion.

Another option is too search for interest stacks with a theme you enjoy. Good luck.

One caveat in regards to Golden Kamuy, I seem to remember you commenting that you can be put off if a series art/animation isn’t up to a certain level. While a fairly new series, the CGI bear in the first ep was the butt of quite a few jokes online & I’m not sure what you will think of the character designs/ facial expressions.

spacer.png

For me the story & character backstories/development make it worthwhile and in my top 20.

Thanks again. Yes you are right,..i prefer a certain amount of gfx quality. BUT there are exceptions, and i want to trigger myself to stay open for these exceptions. Like that movie i liked,..what was it,..the child and the bear,..the boy and the yeti. haha something like that. GFX not great, storyline awesome. I will go through your animelist. Much appreciated

On 4/4/2023 at 7:08 PM, Ohayotaku said:

But if you go to the page for a title you liked, there should be entries for genre & theme that you can click on for other titles with the same

mate i cant find this. Can you provide some screenshots or detailed explanation?

For example:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36028/Golden_Kamuy

If viewing on a phone, click on more information, then click on one of the blue tags to find series with the same tag

If viewing on a computer, the tags are on the left side of the page

There are also recommendations for similar series & interest stacks on the series page

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1