Notice me, Senpai!!!

Evil Bunny of Doom

Once again, I've chosen a funny title, but I think it describes the topic pretty well :P So, let me ask you this: Have you watched any anime that are not really popular and you wish more people would notice them? I happen to have watched a few that no one has ever mentioned (not on the forums, but generally irl/facebook/etc) so I wish to share them with you (and I'll be so freakin' happy if someone says they've watched them ^_^ )

- World Destruction (9/10)*

Apparently, this anime is a adaptation of a game....which I'd never heard of but, anyway, it's one of my favourites. It's a great fantasy anime, with a bit of a weird concept tbh. It was really fun to watch and I'll watch it again when I get the chance since it's been more than 2 years O.o

- Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica (8/10)

I proudly declare that this is the only ecchi anime I've ever watched xD Back then, I was not as much of a pervert as I am now but still, I enjoyed this one a lot. It's not some serious anime but who cares, right? The only disappointing thing about it is that it ended when it shouldn't have...It had a lot more to show (I need to rewatch this one, too :P )

- Earl and Fairy (8/10)

Oh, the ships that never sailed~ I wasn't expecting to like this one so much... I kinda dislike fairies :P (no hate plz, I like unicorns) But I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. It wasn't overly cute and sparkly...in fact, it got a bit bloody sometimes....although it had its share of fairy dust ;)

- Millenium Actress (movie) (10/10)

Although this seems like a more popular one, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere. If you haven't watched this movie, what have you been doing with your life people??? Putting the feelings it gave me into words is practically impossible. It's one of those moves that, even if you feel like crying at the end, you just can't, because you know it couldn't have turned out any other way. Just go watch it, NOW!

*: Just my rating people, you're free to dislike :P

I'll try to post more soon... Now, tell me about your favourite not-so-popular anime!

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure about how well these are known but these are some series that I think are underrated.

Nana - Brilliant

Dragonaugt the Resonance - Brilliant

Kenichi - Just Plain Awesome

Mushibugyo - Awesome

Nodame Cantabile - Brilliant (probably the most known on my list)

xxxHolic - Amazing

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo - Brilliant

Heroic Age - Brilliant

Nobunaga Concerto - Brilliant (probably the least known on my list)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Hm... my list would probably be:

Mouretsu Pirates (Great space anime. The MC holds the entire series together very well.)

Shigofumi (Really great psychological anime. The way that the MC interacts with others is quite unique and fun to watch.)

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica (Actually not that great, but the prequel, which was released later is fantastic.)

Druaga no Tou: The Aegis of Uruk (Really good comedy/adventure anime. After the first episode that is. :P)

Plastic Nee-san (I don't know why... it just works. xP And will only take a total of 30 min of your time.)

• Like 1

Plastic Nee-san (I don't know why... it just works. xP And will only take a total of 30 min of your time.)

I cant say I have seen the others on your list but Plastic Nee-san is hilarious , I wish there was more of it.

Also , I forgot to mention Juuni Kokuki , which I only finished yesterday.

Edited by Guest

Hm, how about Princess Nine? Or Gunsmith Cats? Or Devil Hunter Yoko? Or Switch?

I don't think these are as well-known.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to drop a few in the pile:

Pumpkin Scissors: Is the name dumb? Yes. Does that make it a bad show? Not necessarily. It takes place in world similar to our own. The setting is based off of Germany during the 1920s-1930s. It's been three years since a massive war, and the Empire (yes, the setting is simply "the Empire.") is experiencing the fallout: the rich taking advantage of the poor, drug rings, political corruption, massive economic turmoil dividing the social classes even further, that sort of thing. Much akin to Germany following World War I. A military unit was commissioned in the capital to administer war relief. State Section III: Pumpkin Scissors Unit. While doing an investigation, the unit comes across Randel Oland, a (friggin huge) man who served in the war under a mysterious unit called 901-ATT. Randel happily joins the unit after learning of their cause. Despite being considered a public relations tool of the government by.....pretty much everyone, the unit's leader, Lieutenant Alice Malvin, believes in her ideals and wants to help heal her country in any way possible whether it be serving food to starving citizens or apprehending nobility for aggravating war damages. The unit must combat tanks, corrupt nobles, other soldiers, and a guy with a friggin flamethrower while a plot unveils involving a research institute, a secret society, and some top secret military units called "the Invisible 9."

There was a planned second season that never happened between a hiatus on the author's part and the animation studio (Gonzo) having serious financial troubles in 2008-2009. The anime series was picked up by the now defunct ADV Films in 2007 for North American audiences. They were able to dub and release it before shutting down, and Funimation did rescue and re-release the show, but it has faded into obscurity. The manga was published in English by Del Rey for a little while, but between lacking sales and Del Rey transitioning into Kodansha USA, it got lost in the shuffle. The fan translations are only about half way through the still ongoing series (which is at about 20 volumes iirc). It's being scanned as chapters come out, but not translated. I thought I'd share that so people understand how frustrating it is being a fan of this. PS needs Senpai to take notice. Any Senpai.

Texhnolyze: Ooooo boy......here we go. It's the future. Humanity is living underground and its days might be numbered. Realizing that human evolution is rather slow and the human body....kinda sucks sometimes, scientists have designed artificial limbs that can be plugged directly into your nervous system. A technology called Texhnolyze (the texh pronounced "tech"). This.....is a really dark show. I like it, but it's not for people that require happy moments en masse. The first episode is one of the most atmospheric beginnings I've seen. It sets a dark tone using very little dialogue. Trust me, it gets rather bleak. I'd look into it if you liked Serial Experiments Lain (which had the same character designer and main screenwriter), or are a fan of cyberpunk.

• 2 weeks later...