January Writing Contest 2016

drill

What is this?

This is a place where you can submit a section of writing that will be judged by members at the end of the month. Being as it will be judged, while we would like you to contribute as much as possible, it might be harder for your work to be judged if it is too long. I'd suggest no more than 3-5 pages max. Being as I plan to have more of these writing contests, if you happen to have more content, just save it for the next contest.

Guidelines

• You can submit a work you have already posted in the Creative Corner, just leave the link in a post below to submit your entry if you do it that way.
  • Keep it under 1000 words.
  • Entries will end at the end of January 31st.
  • A voter poll will be up for one week from February 1st - February 7th.
  • The winner will receive a badge, and entry members will receive a participant badge.
  • As always, just keep in mind the forum guidelines before posting.

If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask below.~

[FLOAT_RIGHT]:mages:[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

hmm seemes interesting, I may give it a try... What about the christmas contest though? What happened to that one?

Hm... well, @Optic is running that one, and he told me he is planning on getting back to it. It's just that the forum revamp was delaying him in doing so.

Also, I look forward to your submission, Bunny-chan!

Hm... well, @Optic is running that one, and he told me he is planning on getting back to it. It's just that the forum revamp was delaying him in doing so.

I see. Okay then, I'll be waiting ^_^

Also, I look forward to your submission, Bunny-chan!

It'll be a miracle if I actually submit something... My lack of confidence always makes me change my mind at the last minute ._.

• Optimistic 1

(Ok this is my submision, its a Light Novel im not sure I should continue writing, getting it judged would be a great way to tell)

Its cold and dark. I don't know where I am.

I try to move about, but I don't have any arms or legs, so whatever I am just floats.

(You are lost?) a voice in my head?

(You need to find a home) how?

I float about some more, but never seem to find anything, just endless black

(I will chage your form, so you appear normal)

Long things begin to atttach themself to whatever i am and my form starts to change, no longer am i floating, i am now positioned on long things attached to the ground, when i try to move one of the long things moves too

(Its called standing, and they are your legs, the higher ones are your arms)

Arms? Legs?, had I ever had these before?, I couldn't remember

"What am I?" I called out

(You are a mistake, a soul without a body)

"I'm a... mistake?"

(Yes, you need to find your body and fast, if (you're) here then it will be somewhere out there without (You), you need to be quick our another stray soul may take it, like I said I've changed your form so you appear normal to everyone else, now go!)

"Who... who are you?"

But as i ask the question the darkness begings form into a bright white light and the long things called "Legs" beneath me give way, I feel as though I am falling, falling, falling, eventually shapes pull into focus and the falling starts to slow down, everything is clear now, about eight other shapes are half hunched over odd objects in what appears to be a small room, one of them leaps and becomes full height like me

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK"

The noise scares me half to death, not that I am quite alive yet, it doesn't appear to be coming from inside my head but from the other shape. Another shape becomes full height

"Who.... are you....?"

"Yes" says another shape "Any why are you naked?"

Naked? What are they talking about

"I'm me" I say

the shapes all look at me, one is positioned on the floor, seemingly unmoving

"What are you doing here?" ask one of the shapes

"I need to find my body"

the shapes stare at me "Somebody call the police"

"What is a police?" I ask,

turns out it wouldn't be long till i find out.

• 2 weeks later...

My Entry:

My Heart

by Ryuji

When I'm near you nothing else matters

When I'm far from you, my heart shatters

If I ever had to go to war

You would be who I was fighting for.

You brighten my life with your beautiful smile,

You make my life worthwhile!

I knew I loved you from the start,

that's why I've given you my whole heart

To nurture and care

or rip and tear.

• Like 1

Seems fun, I was bored the other day while on the way of a trip, and I came up with a short story, not really interesting though.

Though drill, can you give me character limits instead? I don't know what you mean by 3-5 pages tbh, and well it's not that I'm planning to write that long, but just incase, because when I write something, I usually overdo it xD.

Seems fun, I was bored the other day while on the way of a trip, and I came up with a short story, not really interesting though.

Though drill, can you give me character limits instead? I don't know what you mean by 3-5 pages tbh, and well it's not that I'm planning to write that long, but just incase, because when I write something, I usually overdo it xD.

Alright, glad to see you interested in participating!

As for character limits, lets change it too keeping it below 1000 words.

• 2 weeks later...