Charlotte - Episode 7 Discussion

drill

Best episode yet. It completely took a 180 from its previous silliness. I really loved how they displayed Yuu's character going crazy as well which made the ending scene with Tomari that much better. Really look forward to seeing how he will turn out when he goes back to school again. Also, I thought it was a bit uncalled for when that one girl showed up (who I completely forgot about as well), being that she really couldn't even come close to helping him get over his problem, or much less give him some room as she couldn't directly relate to him as Tomari could.

• Agree 1

Ayumi! Noooo!! I cannot accept this!!! Will we ever get this scene then?!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

/FlipsTable

charlotte-anime-nao-yusarin-ayumi-summer-uniforms.thumb.jpg.2b9155b6f6712d04843bd5d20646c287.jpg

Maybe a miracle will happen.

That was a damn good episode though. What a roller coaster. So many highs and lows.

Yuu deteriorating so rapidly and becoming borderline hikikomori. Misusing his power and going mad.

The Angel Beats reference of Kanade in the internet cafe was an unexpected surprise. xD

charlotte-kanade-tachibana-angel-beats2.thumb.jpg.a265d5b1bccb18c64151ea20c9870023.jpg

I was genuinely surprised and had an Angel Beats eye-watering moment when Nao appeared:

• When she felt regret for what happened to Ayumi. :S
  • The fact that she took her spare time to act as a guardian of sorts for Yuu. I think this was the first time Nao used her power extensively for a long time on a single person. :angel:
  • Even when Yuu rejected Nao's approach, Nao wanted to help him get back to normal. :'(

Oh Nao you're so smug as always, even when you're caring: (o^.^o)

charlotte-yuu-smiling.thumb.jpg.5a682bd0220a18457e81ebc8c21271a1.jpg

charlotte-kanade-tachibana-angel-beats.thumb.jpg.62bf72f4256e80acb762e3c6eed31c00.jpg

charlotte-smug-nao.thumb.jpg.4e48cc00f9ce36425ca71cd2b911a553.jpg

• Like 1

This episode.......omg this episode was so great.

It helped that I was expecting Ayumi to die......I'm still going to miss her though.....wait! Conspiracy Theory time! What if she's not dead? What if the doctors told Yuu she was dead when in reality the scientists captured her and are experimenting on her? We never actually saw her dead body nor were we shown a funeral.

I've been waiting on an Angel Beats reference since the anime began :P I'm glad I finally got it :P

The ending scenes with Nao and Yuu were great <3

I wonder if the fact that the anime is called Charlotte has anything to do with the plot.....It could be that the secret lies with Charlotte ;)

• Agree 1

This episode.......omg this episode was so great.

It helped that I was expecting Ayumi to die......I'm still going to miss her though.....wait! Conspiracy Theory time! What if she's not dead? What if the doctors told Yuu she was dead when in reality the scientists captured her and are experimenting on her? We never actually saw her dead body nor were we shown a funeral.

We did see a funeral though, you just didn't see the whole service, or perhaps you mean we didn't see a burial? Knowing Key, she is probably dead for good just because of the feels. Maybe we can have a miracle at the very end of it, but don't hold your breath.

We did see a funeral though, you just didn't see the whole service, or perhaps you mean we didn't see a burial?

Yeah, I was talking about the burial.

Knowing Key, she is probably dead for good just because of the feels. Maybe we can have a miracle at the very end of it, but don't hold your breath.

Probably so but I'm still hoping for a miracle though.

I can't wait to see just where this anime is going!

Unless time gets reversed, she becomes a ghost separated from her body, she turns into a fox, it turns out she's a figment of someone else's imagination, get's reincarnated, or turns into a familiar... I don't know how it will turn out.

Or... y'know, she could always possess Yusa. That might be a thing.

Bonus points if you understood all the references I made, I like Jun Maeda's works.

• Like 2

Conspiracy Theory time! What if she's not dead? What if the doctors told Yuu she was dead when in reality the scientists captured her and are experimenting on her? We never actually saw her dead body nor were we shown a funeral.

Maybe...? Remember this preview poster before Charlotte was airing?

I'm guessing and hoping we'll learn more about the facility.

charlotte-kv_03.thumb.jpg.9a171b4f4d3503c4b8cff07b3aeb69be.jpg

charlotte-pv-posters.thumb.jpg.80c7e88f3230c5b3916f410db6e23518.jpg

Knowing Key, she is probably dead for good just because of the feels. Maybe we can have a miracle at the very end of it, but don't hold your breath.

Yeah won't hold my breath. :'(

Goddamn, I didn't expect Ayu to die, some injuries but death was unexpected. But I think that's what made the episode so great, It was interesting to watch Yu's fall into depravity, and see the extent of his powers. Which I was all for, and I don't really do relationships, but it was really kind of Nao to bring him up to the light again.

The feels though ;-;

• 6 months later...

The Angel Beats reference of Kanade in the internet cafe was an unexpected surprise. xD

I had missed that... but yeah like Ryuji said:

I've been waiting on an Angel Beats reference since the anime began :P I'm glad I finally got it

I too had wondered if we would get a reference.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic