Utada Hikaru

Frost

Not sure if there's a thread on this topic already, or if it fits into a more broad subject... But I've been recently re-living some deep emotional connections to Utada's music. Was wondering if anyone else enjoyed her still~

I will say I'm not a huge fan of her English albums...

I found her because of Kingdom hearts, sanctuary is good

Yeah, I remember being like 14 or something.. And seriously falling in love with her ^^

She has so many great songs.. I feel like people have forgotten about her.

Yeah, I remember being like 14 or something.. And seriously falling in love with her ^^

She has so many great songs.. I feel like people have forgotten about her.

Well I cant say I listen to her music much, there was a scandal about her music supposedly brainwashing you back in the day and I kind of just back off...

My first exposure to Utada Hikaru was back in 2000 or so...maybe about 2001. The earliest song that comes to mind for me is probably Kettobase! and as for album...probably the 2001 release of Distance. Seems, back then, she was in competition with Kuraki Mai (Mai-K) who i also used to listen to quite a bit...but my interest in both artists seemed to fade after a bit.

Thinking about the song Kettobase! makes me wish I still had my Hikki stuff. Deep River was a REALLY good album, imo...but it's not like I have much to compare it to either. ^^

Anyway, I heard that she may be coming from out of retirement.

Edited by Guest

My first exposure to Utada Hikaru was back in 2000 or so...maybe about 2001. The earliest song that comes to mind for me is probably Kettobase! and as for album...probably the 2001 release of Distance. Seems, back then, she was in competition with Kuraki Mai (Mai-K) who i also used to listen to quite a bit...but my interest in both artists seemed to fade after a bit.

Thinking about the song Kettobase! makes me wish I still had my Hikki stuff. Deep River was a REALLY good album, imo...but it's not like I have much to compare it to either. ^^

Anyway, I heard that she may be coming from out of retirement.

Yeah, she did fade out. I wouldn't even really say she was extremely popular then. Not here, anyway...I just always remember loving her voice and being able to relate very heavily with some of her music. I find her voice to be kinda soothing. ^^

Deep River was amazing. ^^ Probably one of the best, imo.

I heard she was suppose to maybe be coming out with something this year? I think it was in the spring, but I haven't heard it yet. *__*

Edited by Guest

Yeah, she did fade out. I wouldn't even really say she was extremely popular then. Not here, anyway...I just always remember loving her voice and being able to relate very heavily with some of her music. I find her voice to be kinda soothing. ^^

Deep River was amazing. ^^ Probably one of the best, imo.

I heard she was suppose to maybe be coming out with something this year? I think it was in the spring, but I haven't heard it yet. *__*

What I meant was that my interest in her faded out long before she ever did, along with Kuraki Mai, for some reason and I have no idea why. In Japan, she was super popular. Forgot which album it was, but I think she's ranked fourth or fifth for best selling album. Also, in the supermarket, sometimes I hear her song Traveling playing.

What I meant was that my interest in her faded out long before she ever did, along with Kuraki Mai, for some reason and I have no idea why. In Japan, she was super popular. Forgot which album it was, but I think she's ranked fourth or fifth for best selling album. Also, in the supermarket, sometimes I hear her song Traveling playing.

That's actually really awesome. I never knew she was that popular there. All I knew is that it seemed to me that she stopped being popular here in the US a while ago. I remember when her second english album came out here, I heard "Come Back to Me" like, once on the radio and that was it.. I was super disappointed.

I love Traveling! That was my jam the other day lol