E3 2017

RepentantSky

Sounds like there's more news about what won't be present than, than anything else.

I'm very much not expecting to see anything that's going to rock my world at this year's e3, I'm afraid, though I'll probably watch portions of each of the major conferences all the same. Who knows? Maybe, against all odds, this will be the year that Microsoft and Sony sell me on their latest consoles.

Not really holding my breath for anything, though.

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like there's more news about what won't be present than, than anything else.

I'm very much not expecting to see anything that's going to rock my world at this year's e3, I'm afraid, though I'll probably watch portions of each of the major conferences all the same. Who knows? Maybe, against all odds, this will be the year that Microsoft and Sony sell me on their latest consoles.

Not really holding my breath for anything, though.

On that note, Sony has promised today that a slue of Japanese titles are headed for the PS4 and will be shown at E3: http://gematsu.com/2017/06/sony-teases-big-announcements-japanese-games-e3-2017

Now what that entails obviously is yet to be seen, but considering this year has been dominated by Japan, with the only real competitor outside of it being Horizon Zero Dawn, this can only be good news. Just as long as the games they show really are up to the quality of Japanese games that have released so far this year.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Secret Legend (non-final title), sometimes more commonly known as that one cute fox game, is apparently going to be featured in the PC Gaming show. There's some early impressions of it here, but it's basically a call back to old school Zelda titles, starring a cute Fox in a cute world. It's pretty cute, though still extremely early in development.

unnamed.jpg.edace9a1642b9ff1d903d338220e59e9.jpg

7fbd0c0e8072abc6ec1e6e92d2c5d875.gif.a29287946b89ca8780b7f715a6313e44.gif

• Like 2

EAPlay was alright. Anthem looks like it will be fun. A Way Out has an interesting way to play, and Star Wars looks great. I just hope the servers are fine at launch. One of the reasons I feel, there weren't server issues with the first EA Battlefront was because they were fairly simple. These look to be a lot more complex. Battlefield 1 stuff was interesting, but I don't play it so I can't care that much, and I can't be bothered to care about Sports. At least they didn't have some professional athlete on their show again for no reason. EAplay overall, I give a 6.5/10. It's not a bad way to kick off E3, but it's not amazing either. At least Anthem gave me something to look forward to where Xbox is concerned, so that's nice.

• Like 1

Star Wars looks great.

I'm more interested in this than I originally expected I'd be - the single player campaign sounds like it might be a nice change of pace... haven't done a singleplayer Starwars campaign since Dark Forces II.

• Like 1

I'm more interested in this than I originally expected I'd be - the single player campaign sounds like it might be a nice change of pace... haven't done a singleplayer Starwars campaign since Dark Forces II.

It has been a while for me as well. I can't even remember what the last one is, but I feel like it was on a Nintendo system. Either way, I'm hopeful we'll see another trailer for the story before E3's end.

• Like 2

Okay so, Microsoft conference was interesting. The highlights were obviously an Ori sequel. AC Origins was looking alright with it's RPG elements added in. Cuphead was finally shown again, but for some reason it was less than a minute but it does seem like it will be releasing on September 29th so there's that. There were some indie titles that looked alright, but nothing amazing. Super Lucky's Tale looks pretty alright and I'm always open for platformer titles so hopefully we'll see more of that soon. Sea of Thieves was looking pretty good, but I feel like for all the time it took to get through that gameplay demo they didn't show us nearly enough. It took 20 minutes to really get into possibly interesting or unexpected games, and even then they were still only mostly okay. The two D DBZ fighting game looks alright but of course I'm more likely to play that on PC or PS4 than I am Xbox.

The highlights of the whole show was Anthem's gameplay, although they really need to stop using that cheap cheesy dialogue that nobody buys into when playing games supposedly with other people. At least they didn't try and fake it like it was live, but they did try with some title I can't remember because I didn't care enough. Anyways, Anthem looks great, but I do wish you could play without the suits because then it feels like you aren't ever really in any danger because you can always fly away.

Overall, Microsoft had more interesting games then I thought they would, but they made you sit through a lot of crap in order to get through it, and I wish they would stop putting that stupid voice over at the start of everything new they show, it's annoying. Microsoft just barely gets a better rating than EA with 6.8/10. I can't say the whole thing was even average because there was so much crap in there I didn't care about. I expect that from EA, but Microsoft should have been able to do better, instead of making it feel like I was slogging through most of it to get to what I cared about.

This is all just going on the conference alone, the games that I liked, I really liked.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I mean, that's nice and all, but like ... Forza. Proper Forza. Not that goofy spin-off. On PC. <3<3<3

... okay, okay, I'll stop. xD

You see, I'm more of a Gran Turismo type of guy but hey, I can play and enjoy some Forza, I do think it's good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

You see, I'm more of a Gran Turismo type of guy but hey, I can play and enjoy some Forza, I do think it's good.

I prefer Gran Turismo as well, but I'll definitely take Forza on a PC. (o^.^o)(o^.^o)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I know that Anthem is being hyped up and all, and I do think I'm gonna like it and probably buy it(even though I'm skeptical because you know, EA), I'm 90% sure that it'll be downgraded like it always does.

• Like 1

And to think People get on Square for porting games and only making sequels. Seriously, what the hell was that? Two new games, the rest are ports, and one of those games we already knew about. That may or may not be Bethesda's fault, but it doesn't mean I should think better of the show for it. Bethesda has the worst conference so far. I give them a 3/10, only because Wolfenstein II looks somewhat interesting. The rest of it can screw off, because I'm sick of them whoring out their main games.

Edited by Guest

Just read a bit about Blade Strangers, a cross-over 2.5D fighting game coming to PlayStation 4, PC, Switch, Xbox One and Japanese arcades. Always lovely to hear that the PC fighting game market will be getting some new entries!

Okay so, some things happened during the PC Gaming Show so I missed some of it, but I got the general idea of what went on. First off, Tunic looks like a lot of fun now that we saw some gameplay of it, there was an update for Killing Floor 2, which is a game I actually enjoy, so here's hoping it won't take long for it come to console, because my PC doesn't not have that game, War Groove finally got some gameplay for it so that was nice to see. There were a few moments that were a bit stale in there, but the expansion for XCOM 2 looks fairly good, and I really think I want to have a crack at Battletech. There was another game that I can't remember the name of that was pretty cute looking that I'd probably give a go. Warhammer II looks alright, but I'm a huge Warhammer guy so I can't say I'm too excited for that one.

All in all it was a good show, but it wasn't spectacular. It was kind of a no harm no foul situation. If I had to give it a rating, I'd say it gets 6/10 for kind of just being there. There wasn't really much of anything that bothered me, but there wasn't anything really exciting that I didn't already know about either.

My favorite game from the show was probably Griftlands.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Gotta say, even as someone who plays games primarily on their PC... the PC Gaming show has always struck me as being a bit unnecessary and silly.

First off, Tunic looks like a lot of fun now that we saw some gameplay of it

Absolutely love this. I can't wait to get my hands all over that game. It's too damn cute. <3

War Groove finally got some gameplay for it so that was nice to see.

I might have to keep an eye on this one... and I'm cautiously interested in Sea of Thieves.

While I don't care about the presentation, I do think this e3 has a bit more for me on PC than normal... that's not really saying a whole lot though.

• Like 1