ItsSammy Posted June 2, 2017 Share Posted June 2, 2017 What are some of your best school memories? What were you classified as in school, maybe the teachers pet or the rebel? Did you ever get into any fights with your teachers or other students? I, personally, have been homeschooled most of my life except for one crazy attempt at going to a public school ... Which, ended quiet horribly. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
existentiallylostdumbell Posted June 3, 2017 Share Posted June 3, 2017 I never had much of a presence, I was always a little strange but I blended in fine when I needed to. Let's see, I was the lazy, quiet kid who some people thought was crazy, others retarded and the rest not at all. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orius Posted June 3, 2017 Share Posted June 3, 2017 (edited) Most of my school life is full of drama, which you can read about in other threads if you haven't already. I did have some pleasant memories with people I used to call "friends", though very few. Nothing very interesting to talk about though. Most of the fun stuff involved talking about stupid things that barely made any shred of sense. Just nonsense and jokes, laughing each the noises that came outta our mouths like a bunch of teenage idiots. If anything, it was painful to remember them due to the bad memories. During secondary school, the default hangout place me and my ex-bestfriend had after school was McDonald's, where he and I would talk about nonsense for hours till the inevitable departure. It wasn't the most productive way to spend time after school, but it was precious and a lot of fun. Shame how the friendship ended up due to my own paranoia and anxieties, but that's for another time. Being a big movie fan, I did go to the cinema a few times with my circle of friends. Those were good times and we would go on for hours about the movie afterward. Hah... I remember one time, I even filmed a movie review in some humid stairway near the theater with my college classmate. The movie was Pacific Rim. lol Naturally, the sound quality of that wasn't the best. We had fun though, just mocking the cliched storyline of that movie. I remember playing house back in primary school. I was the over-protective big brother. I might have taken the role a bit too seriously though, being a 10 year old... lol I remember my first painful school memory. It started as early as pre-school, at kindergarten. I was crying about leaving my mum for the first time in my life. The teacher tried to coerce me with a balloon of all things... and then some other kid popped it. What an ass. Seems like it was an omen that the rest of my school years would be filled with hardship. I remember running away from the school dentist once during primary school. I was so afraid of him (or her, can't remember) after my teacher told me that she advised the dentist to pluck out all my teeth. What a horrible thing to say to a 7 year old. I hopped on a cab and ran to my grandma's home... without having any cash. The driver sent me to the police station afterwards, where I waited for my parents to pick me up. Edited June 3, 2017 by Guest 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brycec Posted June 3, 2017 Share Posted June 3, 2017 My school life was okay. People viewed me as quiet and a bit childish, not that I am not completely an adult now either, and I did sometimes but heads because of things that seemed useless. Funniest thing was that I almost got in a fight because a student and I were trying to get out of each other's way, yet still got in each other's way. Of course, that was also a time when I was more aligned with what my church wanted me to believe than realizing that they wanted me to be apathetic of other people. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sidney B. Gone Posted June 3, 2017 Share Posted June 3, 2017 Possibly cooking class or home economics. And that's it really. I never really liked school or the people in it meh Oh and also reading books from the library was divine. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ItsSammy Posted June 3, 2017 Author Share Posted June 3, 2017 I started out as the quiet kid who didn't even exist to anyone else in the class, until I started questioning the Teachers and the way they did things ... I ended up almost getting into a fight with one Teacher, getting accused of cheating on tests just because my Math Teacher was upset I knew how to do the math she didn't know, and actually getting into a fight with a much older student. Now, my first thoughts on school were: "I'm going to be as quiet as possible and try to get through this without a major panic attack every day ..." but then I actually made a friend, she was very quiet and shy as well so it was a good match; I found out that she was very disliked by her Teachers for no apparent reason and made to stay after school to do extra work, so ... I ended up threatening the Teacher who was always yelling at her; something I thought I'd never do ... But then again I also ended up hitting that Teacher in the face with a soccer ball after she'd made my friend continue playing the dumb game we were always made to play even though her leg was hurt, and she was sick ... Aside from fighting and threatening Teachers I also was very disliked by the "Popular" group of girls from a class much higher than mine, even though I'd never even talked to these people before. They began to throw insults at me whenever they passed in the hallway but I couldn't have cared less ... One day, while we were playing dodgeball in the gym (All the classes did gym together) I saw that girl talking with her friends about something, I didn't really pay attention until she so clearly insulted my Brother just loud enough for me to hear. Now, I can usually take whatever dumb people wanna say about me, but if you bring my Brother into it I will most likely destroy you. Seeing as we were in gym I quickly called for the ball before spiking it right into the girls face; she fell over crying and I just stood there watching because, she should've seen it coming ... It ended with the Teacher freaking out on me and trying to make me apologize, I didn't of course and instead walked out of the gym with both of them still yelling. Other than those moments I was the quiet, anti-social, kid that I always am but my Teachers still didn't like me. I got accused of cheating by my math Teacher after I corrected one of her mistakes, and I got called into the Teachers office and yelled at for almost an hour just because I'd tried to help my history Teacher read the words correctly seeing as she was struggling with them. I never understood why I got in trouble for trying to be helpful, I mean, I was just pointing out the mistakes so they could fix them next time. Aside from that stuff I usually spent all day being quiet, and just trying to get away from everyone ... I'd always go wander off after school because I didn't have anyone to hang out with, my one friend was always kept in school way longer than everyone else, so I'd go on long walks ... That actually got me in trouble with my Mother who was freaking out when I got back home one night; I guess I'd forgotten the time and stayed out until almost 10 a-clock without telling anyone where I was going ... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Viper Posted June 3, 2017 Share Posted June 3, 2017 I remember all the fun times I had in school, My favourite thing was always PE, I remember every football match I went to with the school team and we always had fun after every game with a pizza. I was never bullied but I remember the school bully well and how he got the crap beaten out of him by one of his victims Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
existentiallylostdumbell Posted June 4, 2017 Share Posted June 4, 2017 I started out as the quiet kid who didn't even exist to anyone else in the class, until I started questioning the Teachers and the way they did things ... I ended up almost getting into a fight with one Teacher, getting accused of cheating on tests just because my Math Teacher was upset I knew how to do the math she didn't know, and actually getting into a fight with a much older student. Now, my first thoughts on school were: "I'm going to be as quiet as possible and try to get through this without a major panic attack every day ..." but then I actually made a friend, she was very quiet and shy as well so it was a good match; I found out that she was very disliked by her Teachers for no apparent reason and made to stay after school to do extra work, so ... I ended up threatening the Teacher who was always yelling at her; something I thought I'd never do ... But then again I also ended up hitting that Teacher in the face with a soccer ball after she'd made my friend continue playing the dumb game we were always made to play even though her leg was hurt, and she was sick ... Aside from fighting and threatening Teachers I also was very disliked by the "Popular" group of girls from a class much higher than mine, even though I'd never even talked to these people before. They began to throw insults at me whenever they passed in the hallway but I couldn't have cared less ... One day, while we were playing dodgeball in the gym (All the classes did gym together) I saw that girl talking with her friends about something, I didn't really pay attention until she so clearly insulted my Brother just loud enough for me to hear. Now, I can usually take whatever dumb people wanna say about me, but if you bring my Brother into it I will most likely destroy you. Seeing as we were in gym I quickly called for the ball before spiking it right into the girls face; she fell over crying and I just stood there watching because, she should've seen it coming ... It ended with the Teacher freaking out on me and trying to make me apologize, I didn't of course and instead walked out of the gym with both of them still yelling. Other than those moments I was the quiet, anti-social, kid that I always am but my Teachers still didn't like me. I got accused of cheating by my math Teacher after I corrected one of her mistakes, and I got called into the Teachers office and yelled at for almost an hour just because I'd tried to help my history Teacher read the words correctly seeing as she was struggling with them. I never understood why I got in trouble for trying to be helpful, I mean, I was just pointing out the mistakes so they could fix them next time. Aside from that stuff I usually spent all day being quiet, and just trying to get away from everyone ... I'd always go wander off after school because I didn't have anyone to hang out with, my one friend was always kept in school way longer than everyone else, so I'd go on long walks ... That actually got me in trouble with my Mother who was freaking out when I got back home one night; I guess I'd forgotten the time and stayed out until almost 10 a-clock without telling anyone where I was going ... School wasn't fun, but I think I know why you pissed your teachers off. Correcting them hurt their pride, human beings are petty creatures, and so they got angry at you to defend it, even though you were just a child. But no, I'll never understand people who said school was a good time. I remember my cousins said high-school is the best years of your life, high-school sucked ass. College wasn't bad, lonely, but palatable with less bullshit, more work though, still the people were more mature, given they were all older than me. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brycec Posted June 4, 2017 Share Posted June 4, 2017 School wasn't fun, but I think I know why you pissed your teachers off. Correcting them hurt their pride, human beings are petty creatures, and so they got angry at you to defend it, even though you were just a child. But no, I'll never understand people who said school was a good time. I remember my cousins said high-school is the best years of your life, high-school sucked ass. College wasn't bad, lonely, but palatable with less bullshit, more work though, still the people were more mature, given they were all older than me. Humans taint everything that is good with their beliefs and pride. I have seen this kind of backlash when I told people in my church that the leaders were not as divinely inspired as they believed (I am in a church that believes it is being led by men who have spoken to God and act as his mouthpiece), since they were human. Schooling in general was not that great, and I do not really remember enjoying my time in college until I completed generals. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now