Cars, Cars, and Cars

Cy~

Does anyone here like cars other than me? (I already know that there's a few peeps here that like at least one car.) Let's talk shop!

I used to actively work on my own cars. I have owned/primarily driven a 1992 Honda Accord, a 1989 Honda Accord, a 1995 Honda Accord, a supercharged 1971 Chevy Cheyenne (don't ask), and a Mini Cooper.

Yeah, in case you can't tell, I really liked Accords, hahaha. They were fast enough, more capable than people expected, extremely reliable, decent to mod, cheap, etc, etc. Lots of positives. The negative? Japanese cars from that era were utterly hell to work on - 50 million different varieties of screws, bolts, and wires. You had to be a virtual scientist with a torque wrench as well. Everything was very particular.

Anyways, I drove the Accords for probably a total of over a half million miles before they died due to the fact that I was actually too poor towards the end of my college career to pay for basic maintenance (had to buy textbooks and ramen, lol).

I'm actually creating this topic because I didn't want to derail the Guilty Pleasures topic with my response to someone else, but share your car stuff here!

and Cy~ I don't even feel guilty bout my toy

Shit, why would you? That's a fucking sweet ride!
xD

Now, stop being such a tease and tell me everything about it. Where'd you get it, what it is (can't quite tell perfectly from the photo and don't want to embarrass myself). Any other deets? Tell me!
:o

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

I always thought a Shelby Cobra would be a lovely thing to take for a spin

The original or newer ones?

As for the topic itself, I do not really care too much for cars, but they are part of history, so if they have historical significance, then I might show a bit of interest.

• Like 1

The original or newer ones?

As for the topic itself, I do not really care too much for cars, but they are part of history, so if they have historical significance, then I might show a bit of interest.

Original of course~

I actually haven't even looked at the newer ones. The first time I ever saw one was while watching the Barrett-Jackson Automobile Auction

• Like 1

I'm not that into cars but I have a friend which is. The only car that I think it's beautiful it's that one from Tokyo Drift, the RX7 Veilside, what a wonderful car that one is.

the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-car-of-the-day-veilside-rx-7-20060613114300333_640w.jpg.7d492ce65b6edd68774fa4d95ec25d12.jpg

• Like 1

I always thought a Shelby Cobra would be a lovely thing to take for a spin

yes yes I don't mind the old Shelby Cobra or the original (or even maybe if you twisted my arm a new) GT40

or an Aston Martin

or a V12 XJSC Jaguar

not so much a Ferrari or Lamborghini kinda fella

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

[ATTACH=full]32104[/ATTACH]

don't mind the Nissan's but not something id go out to get as I'm more old school and big cube motors but if I ended up with one well

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

@Cy~ Cy~ Cy~

ive been hanging all day to get home and comment , as I know a little about cars

I know you use the 710 cap to put oil in the motor not cooland

upload_2017-6-19_17-20-7.png.117e692e288ad62eb31a313fc44f4012.png

and you definitely don't fill it thru the dip tube

I know this makes them go fast

upload_2017-6-19_17-21-52.png.3de49fd8c62778105623d570d7b0143d.png

but don't let it burn on your hands as it burns cold and some times unseeable so you don't know its burning

I know this makes them stop fast

upload_2017-6-19_17-24-47.png.e371bd113075debd0e743a0c5311ccd9.png

• Friendly 1
  • Winner 1

Edit:- ill do an edit at the beginning you could have just asked this question on the wise wodahs thread tho

but this my dear

upload_2017-6-19_17-28-27.png.40e04b3d496275cedd967756d471c5f5.png

is a 1977Australian ford (and yes I'm bit of a ford fan , out of the aprox 20 vehicles ive owned/own around 16 been various fords) ZH Fairlane marquis 500 , second from top of the its range in the day , and my ones a custom bitsa

a bit of info on them Here with more pics

they were the biggest town car Ford Australia made

now my pic was a few years ago a little after my last half harted restore and those rims are potoshoped on

its getting a complete ground up restore again as I found more rust and ive done a few custom jobs with some uniqueness over the years

these cam with a 5.8ltr V8 Cleveland and three speed auto (but no more) it has the US 6.6ltr Cleveland with a lot of internal work and a whipple charger all injected so the fairlane be like an add kid on a sugar high (just a few horsies)

motor_zpsnxbpq9kp.png.de2da61db8cedd7c2d11c8358bbc2a24.png

matched up with a mustang aode 4 speed auto

that colour is actually a dark blue with a vinyl black roof (which was where some of the rust was coming thru) bucket front bench rear centre console all in a greeny blue leather , just a sleeper cruiser ready to get up n play

and yes I do my own work

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Winner 2

but having said that I did a ford td Cortina europes effort to ford Australia came with a 4ltr 6 or a 2ltr 4

upload_2017-6-19_17-55-2.png.8d449a34a645c64268a0bc2215accde1.png

1205kg dry weight

ripped the 2ltr and dropped in a 5.8ltr v8 n 4speed manual

and licenced it

should have seen the looks on peoples faces when whilst pulling a 20foot trailer home id pull out and over take lines of traffic xp

also don others so ask away

• Winner 2

fairlane

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

I thought that's what the car was, but I was too afraid of making a fool out of myself to take the guess! DX

I have so much respect for the shit that you've done with those cars. That's, quite frankly, completely badass.

I'm actually hoping to be the proud owner of a Fairline within the next few years. @zoop's dad (thus my dad) has one in reasonably good condition. He's hoping to work on it and bring it up to spec. If he does, then I want to try to buy it from him with a decent offer.

I love fords, too! I didn't put it in my opening post, but one of the first vehicles that I drove in life was a 1970s ford truck. I ended up helping an uncle rebuild it, painting it, and doing all kinds of maintenance on it. I've been partial to fords ever since, hahaha.

• Agree 1

I'm actually hoping to be the proud owner of a Fairline within the next few years. @zoop's dad (thus my dad) has one in reasonably good condition. He's hoping to work on it and bring it up to spec. If he does, then I want to try to buy it from him with a decent offer.

'67, I think. It was our only car when I was super young - I never appreciated it back then because it had no air conditioning, and we didn't have the money to keep it in pristine condition, but now I look at it at my parent's place and I'm like... "yesss, come back to me" :D

Also... how the hell did I not notice those posts in here?? o_o

upload_2017-6-19_17-28-27-png.32112

Oh my God, that thing is beautiful! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• Agree 1