How Do You Greet Someone?

AniMeFReaK

How do you greet someone? It could be anyone. Your friends, your parents, or even your very own pet dog!! Well, I always greet my friends by calling their name and hugging them. I always just say "Mom!" or "Dad!" to greet my parents. But it's very hard to greet my brother. Our greeting conversation mostly goes like this:

Me: Awkward.

Brother: Awkward awkward.

Me: *nodding head* Awkward awkward awkward.

Enough with me, tell me about you!! But make sure that Mr. Cake stays out of this. I decided to guard him after he almost got eaten. Anyways...

Let's Begin, Otakus!!!!!!!

^_^^_^

Depending on who i'm talking to, it's kinda different. I wind up greeting everyone the same way excluding my parents haha.

That being said, its either way a casual "Hey" with a handshake, yes apparently we boys aren't that far evolved to give a hug to each other. :P #boyprobs

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

If it's a guy friend i just do a handshake or a "personalized" one for some people, if it's a girl it's either a kiss on both cheeks, a handshake or a hug

A k-k-kiss on both cheeks?!:blush::blush: B-b-but you're a guy, right? Don't the girls get u-u-uncomfortable?

A k-k-kiss on both cheeks?!:blush::blush: B-b-but you're a guy, right? Don't the girls get u-u-uncomfortable?

Well it's really a cultural thing, i am from Portugal and everyone in Portugal does that but for example now i live in England so i just do the hug or handshake there because they are not used to my usual greeting.

Well it's really a cultural thing, i am from Portugal and everyone in Portugal does that but for example now i live in England so i just do the hug or handshake there because they are not used to my usual greeting.

I see now...well I'm glad I didn't get kissed on the cheeks!!:blush::blush:

• Funny 1

I see now...well I'm glad I didn't get kissed on the cheeks!!:blush::blush:

I'll kiss Mr. cake and eat him as well <3

As for me, well it depends on the person and the situation. I have guy friends I call "B*tchfriend" whenever I ran in to them. I have friends back when I was in seventh grade wherein we would have those fliphair thingies and cat fights before greeting each other now and at times there are also these stare down contests which I basically lose to everytime -_- As for my best friend well, we don't have anything in particular. We just stay quiet and then gradually when disturbed by an unforseen event while walking quietly either one of us would start the talking about that "unforseen event". I don't get intimate with others as well like hugs and kisses except for this gay friend I have who really hugs me all of the time without further notice.

Edited by Guest

I'll kiss Mr. cake and eat him as well <3

As for me, well it depends on the person and the situation. I have guy friends I call "B*tchfriend" whenever I ran in to them. I have friends back when I was in seventh grade wherein we would have those fliphair thingies and cat fights before greeting each other now and at times there are also these stare down contests which I basically lose to everytime -_- As for my best friend well, we don't have anything in particular. We just stay quiet and then gradually when disturbed by an unforseen event while walking quietly either one of us would start the talking about that "unforseen event". I don't get intimate with others as well like hugs and kisses except for this gay friend I have who really hugs me all of the time without further notice.

Gay friend?:?:?

As for Mr. Cake, you can't eat him since I'm guarding him now, kamisama!:crazy::crazy: But if you kiss him, Mr. Cake will blush very hard and faint, since he has a secret crush on yo- Ow! What was that for, Mr. Cake?!!

i work as a waitress in the mornings so i have to greet everyone with good morning no matter what. When I'm not at work though a simple howdy works regardless of who I'm addressing.

I dont really miss or hug anyone except my relatives or my husband.

• Like 1

i work as a waitress in the mornings so i have to greet everyone with good morning no matter what. When I'm not at work though a simple howdy works regardless of who I'm addressing.

I dont really miss or hug anyone except my relatives or my husband.

W-w-waitress?! I WANNA BE ONE!!!!!!!! JUST LIKE IN THE ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not really that glamorous. Over here, waitresses make below minimum wage and rely on tips.

Mm-hmm. But if I just got a part-time job as a waitress in Japan...sigh...it'll be dreamy...But just a part-time job since I'm a student.

A k-k-kiss on both cheeks?!:blush::blush:

wait what ohhhh I see the cheeks . wait so you want the k-k-kiss on the m-m-m-mouth ?!! :largegasp::|

I also can tend to see a lot of people in my day and some of them I may see regularly even be it like once a year but over time there would be a lot so names arnt an option and ive adopted the generic habit of starting with a hello/g-day/hi tagged with a boss/bloke/buddie or miss

the odd few of my close work mates and some of my friends ill just great them with oh look *stir comment inserted joke joke

I was an orphan but have a family that took me and dad had dementia when I meet him its always a hug , three sisters (older) and mother I get the kisses on the cheek and have to reciprocate the same , brother (younger also adopted) its just hi hows it been

• Friendly 1

I usually say "What's up" when I greet my friends and maybe hug them (if they're the hugging type xD)

When I greet my mom I say "Hello Mother" in a Russian accent, because I find it pretty funny - and my mom answers with "Hello Child" in the same accent xD

• 1 month later...

for family and distant friends : i wave excitedly and say hi

close friends : henlo stinky (meme) - sometimes i call my friends mom, even my guy best friend

strangers : hi, nice to see/meet you

• Like 1