How you and your parents view anime and anime fans?

Mirror311

19y8ut.jpg.c33b03f1cb7e2f04eefad282d4184873.jpg 19y8ut.jpg.c33b03f1cb7e2f04eefad282d4184873.jpg My Parents were angry when they found out I'm watching anime, and just like what some of you guys have experienced, they shouted at me and said that anime is an extremely bad thing, it would only make me weird and lower my academic performances. But I don't agree with and don't understand my parents because I have learned lots of life lessons from different anime series, on the other hand, my grades didn't get affected after I started watching anime.

So I want to know how you guys see anime and how your parents see anime and anime fans. Do your parent think anime is a good or bad? Do they think that anime fans are some weird people? Is anime a good thing or bad thing to you? How do you view the other anime fans like you?

• Informative 1

It can vary, really.

My parents dislike anime all together because "it's a kind of art/animation made strictly in Japan" (and yeah games are included). Well, they just dislike the country, content and its people --to be honest though, it's a misunderstanding--, so basically they dislike anime too. When they see another anime fan aside me, they just... kick them out thinking they are terrorists. Even worse, they never took at least 5 minutes of their time to learn something about Japan. The country is misunderstood very badly IMHO.

My point of view concerning anime isn't negative though..

Well, think of it as an animation like the western ones, with the difference that it can creatively combine so many more genres than the usual ones used in westerns and I think that's what makes it unique on its own. Most of the anime I have watched are trying to give a message to the watcher, especially in length movies, each with its own speed, just like some westerns here and there. Both are usually trying to give some life lessons, but fortunately there are also some that can prevent someone from looking at the world with the wrong view.

Don't get off guard though, because if you let anime take over your life, I can't say you'll be lucky.

However I can be safe to mention that anime saved me from my stress regarding school, future and just pretty much that. It's taking a big place in my heart and that obviously means it's a good thing for me.

I can't exactly call myself surprised when I see other anime fans, truth be told. If it becomes a habit of mine to react like that, then well.. I'll be a very annoying person. But no, let's not talk about weeaboos. xc

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Growing up my family didn't mind me watching anime so it was alright with them. Of coarse they had no clue really what it was about and I explained a bit about it to them but they didn't quite get it but still accepted it and respected I liked it. My Japanese grandma thought it was cool I was into the anime scene as well as other asian television when it came to dramas and martial art films.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]33157[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]33157[/ATTACH] My Parents were angry when they found out I'm watching anime, and just like what some of you guys have experienced, they shouted at me and said that anime is an extremely bad thing, it would only make me weird and lower my academic performances. But I don't agree with and don't understand my parents because I have learned lots of life lessons from different anime series, on the other hand, my grades didn't get affected after I started watching anime.

So I want to know how you guys see anime and how your parents see anime and anime fans. Do your parent think anime is a good or bad? Do they think that anime fans are some weird people? Is anime a good thing or bad thing to you? How do you view the other anime fans like you?

This is definitely a very good question.

I was never vocal with watching animes to my parents or even to anyone even my friends. Although I have to admit that I watch animes in every spare time I have and they would just simply notice without me saying I watch animes. I started watching animes since I was in 3rd grade or somewhere in my childhood. Back then Animes were dubbed in our language and were shown every morning and afternoon on our local TV channel. I didn't even know that term "anime" until I went to high school. In a way, my Mum SUBCONSCIOUSLY Influenced me in watching animes. We used to watch Slam Dunk every morning and she would laugh at the stupid antics of Sakuragi. >_<>_<

But when I started watching animes that weren't dubbed in our language she somehow went against it at first because of some historical reasons and slowly she just accepted the fact that her daughter watches animes and that can't be changed. >_<>_<

Edited by Guest

well , no one cares for me as I own my place I live alone and if when I'm watching "anime" if I wasn't id be watching something else , a movie tv what ever

I still go/get out still work for a living still do my house work or/and work in my shed and still look after my puppie doggie

• 2 weeks later...

The only one of my parents that has really expressed any opinion regarding anime is my father in law. He's just very traditional and sees it as another form of cartoon that "little kids" watch, not grown adults with families and responsibilities and all that. We've had conversations about anime before to broaden his understanding, and he gets it, he's just got that traditional part of him that just holds on to being an adult above all else. It's cool.