Your Lie in April

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]HlKALy1.thumb.jpg.c1041e14653b73fd3cf9a25994fdb602.jpg[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.

Is anyone else watching this? What do you think so far? For me, I think that it probably gets anime of the season (that's including FSN: UBW). I guess I'm just a sucker for Music genres. In my opinion though, Kousei and Kaori are the only interesting characters. The other two are kinda just... there.

Episode 4... wow, that was an amazing piece of music at the end. I'm really glad they were able to start over and fix their piece. It felt way to short though, maybe I should just pick up the manga as well.

Episode 6 was yet another great episode. At this rate, it might become my favorite anime. :)

Wow, I was completely expecting Kousei to fall for Koari this episode, but it appears that won't be happening. However, I think due to the nature of the anime, they will probably end up together.

The music and animation in this anime is really nothing short of amazing; and I really love the art style that signifies the most positive stuff and is really happy & bright, just a really interesting style. Overall I really like it currently but I don't really like how much Kousei idolizes the blond happy girl; it's kind of annoying. The monologues also give the series a much more different feel that it actually has.

Episode 10

Wow, this is slow. Even so, the latter half of the episode was simply amazing and well done, and it seems that he will stop having delusions of his mother criticizing him at every turn starting next episode. I really look forward to the rest of the series.

Another slow episode like usual.

[spoiler=Episode 11]That ending... I completely forgot about Koari's illness. Hopefully, it doesn't turn south, and they both stay healthy. What might happen though, is that Koari would die, and Kosei's imaging skill reaches new heights, and he becomes better than anyone could imagine (however, this would be a complete ripoff of the VN, Symphonic Rain. And as much as I would like that, they wouldn't have enough episodes to actually fix anything once that happens due to just how slow this is).

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, its back :)

[spoiler=Episode 12]Well, it looks like Kousei is going to show that little brat a lesson, and I guess Koari's health is probably in danger as well. She better not die though.

Pretty good episode this week.[spoiler=Episode 13]Well, Kousei is finally over his mother, but now it looks like the story will focus on Koari's illness. I really hope she doesn't die, but I have a feeling she will.

[spoiler=Episode 15]Really good episode this week. I'm starting to go for a Kousei x Tsubaki paring, as Kaori is well, starting to get annoying. It also makes more since for her to be paired up with Watari anyway. Lastly, I wonder if the little girl knew Kousei would teach her, and if she plans to make him miserable; however, I think this is unlikely since Seto seemed to know who she was.

[spoiler=Episode 16]So, my opinion of Kaori has dropped quite low with the last episode, and they have pretty much confirmed that there won't be a Kousei x Tsubaki pairing. Surpriningly, the first year girl is actually not as bad of a character as she first appears to be.

This really should have been an hour long episode. This anime has way too many cliffhangers. >_<[spoiler=Episode 17]Where do I even start, this episode outshone many of the recent episodes especially with the developments with Nagi and Kousei. Although I don't dislike Kaori as much, and Tsubaki is just going to hide her feelings forever, I think that they should go for a Kousei x Nagi pair now; I mean, they are only like 2 years apart, so its not that weird.

I think I'm going to start watching this title, could do with another music title. :)

Interesting to see that A-1 and Aniplex are involved too.

Oh, I hope you like it then! :) It might feel a bit different since you aren't waiting an entire week for each episode, but should still be good all the same.

This and the comments here have made me aware how much I can actually love slow anime if it doesn't have action. This, Hyouka, Aikatsu as well to an extent, I am really digging this. Amazing music. From the get go I had a feeling Watari and Tsubaki would be more important later on, Tsubaki especially, as Watari is more or less there for comfort. Would still feel a bit... lonelier without the guy, I do wonder if that would have made it turn out better... but now that it's the way it is, I couldn't say I'd have rathered he not be there.

Anyway, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other when it comes to who should be with who, I'm having too similar a level of liking of say Kaori, Tsubaki and Nagi to say. So in this case it seems like I'd be more than fine with any way the story decides to go.

Pretty good episode this week.

[spoiler=Episode 18]That performance was just amazing, and after that episode, it just made the Kousei x Nagi pairing all the more desirable. Unfortunately there are only 4 more episodes left, and since they mentioned two performances, it seems it might get crunched for time... unless there is a second season which would be amazing. :)

[spoiler=Episode 18]While it is actually doing more decently than some other anime in regards to making it seem like there may actually be options, I keep getting the feeling that they're still obviously going for the Kaori route. Now while I said these girls were all pretty close in likability for me, she would actually be the close but lesser character for me, as she has actually been a little annoying sometimes.

[spoiler=Episode 19]Good episode this week, especially seeing the old characters back again. It seems nice that they are all getting along now as well. It is strange that there is only 3 episodes left, it feels like they will have to rush the ending. Although, I really want a second season of this, so if that happened, I wouldn't mind if they just cut it off with a cliffhanger at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 21]I really hope there is a second season of this. It really feels like it will be rushed otherwise. Kousei has really improved quite a bit from the beginning of the series though. The ending piece was pretty amazing.

[spoiler=Episode 22]Wow, where do I even start? Completely not expecting that ending, and it really just ended everything perfectly. Oddly enough, when one of the main characters dies at the end even if it was possible to predict, it makes the ending just that much better for some reason. Also, that last piece that Kousei played was probably better than anything else in the anime, and that is saying quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm up to episode 13 and am really enjoying this title. I would dare say it's the best slice of life anime title I've seen (but take that with a grain of salt as I've hardly seen any slice of life :P)

Can I say all the music performances sound absolutely divine on a home theatre system.. ;)

• Geano locked this topic