Hello!

Izzy

Salutations! I'm Izzy.. I'm a friend of Ryuji's and he invited me here because I'm looking for a new forum to call home as I was done rather wrong on the site that I had been apart of for 12 years by the owner.. So, I am hoping this will be a much better experience and a new place I can call my second home. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Welcome Master <3

I hope you enjoy it here!

Izzy is my Master and an online mother to me. She's wonderful!

38 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

Welcome Master <3

I hope you enjoy it here!

Izzy is my Master and an online mother to me. She's wonderful!

Ryuuuuuuu! <3 My lovely son!

13 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Welcome to the forums Izzy. :) not going to ask what happened at the other place...we're a good group so I hope you will feel at home here.

Thank you very much, I don't mind explaining.. What it boils down to is that my all wasn't good enough. I was a Mod/Hmod/ and Admin during the nearly 12 years I was apart of the other site. I dedicated a lot of time and energy to the place so much so it even caused issues with my marriage and yesterday I was sacked by the owner because he felt my activity on the forum wasn't enough despite me being more active then him and the other Admins. 

• Friendly 1

Welcome, Izzy.

Things are pretty well laid back here, and has been for as long as I have been a member here.

I have not been too active recently, but I do have some good friends here.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Thank you very much, I don't mind explaining.. What it boils down to is that my all wasn't good enough. I was a Mod/Hmod/ and Admin during the nearly 12 years I was apart of the other site. I dedicated a lot of time and energy to the place so much so it even caused issues with my marriage and yesterday I was sacked by the owner because he felt my activity on the forum wasn't enough despite me being more active then him and the other Admins. 

Hmmm, I do understand that. It has been my experience that when you are more competent and reliable than your boss, you become a threat to their authority.  It is really hard to tone that level of competence down too.  You have my condolences there

Edited by Beocat
My frustrating tablet keeps deleting half of my post -_-* <---that's my anime tic right now

11 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Welcome Izzy! You seem like a nice person. : ) I'm sorry to hear that all happened, people can be so socially inept, blows me away sometimes! I've had about the same happen to me as well, although not from a twelve year run.

Admittedly I'd served as global mod on a different forum between 2009-2014, I like to think I was kept around for a reason (my name allllll over those logs,) however I was forced to leave when the admin's husband, for lack of a better term, went absolutely glue-sniffing insane and logged into his wife's account to basically troll the whole site. Demodded and banned the entire staff. Lifted the spam restrictions, had loads of bot accounts all over the place. Wife gets back on, fixes the whole mess and then blames us for not telling her. Yeah. About her own husband... the drama that followed was way too much for me (as well as the rest of the staff,) to want to stick around for. Lol. Still have no clue what the heck happened, it was weird.

I take it you're an anime fan, yes? What has your interests?

Yes! I do love Anime, Manga, Art, GFXing (I make sig and Ava sets), and writing. 

Yeah, the previous forum over the years has become more and more toxic due to the owner of the site and the primary reason I stayed was because I wanted to help make it a better place. Buuuut, since he sacked me for no reason. I am finished. Because like with all previous Admins I knew it would only be a matter of time before he found a reason to perma ban me.

11 hours ago, brycec said:

Welcome, Izzy.

Things are pretty well laid back here, and has been for as long as I have been a member here.

I have not been too active recently, but I do have some good friends here.

Hey, Brycec! Good to see you again!

11 hours ago, Beocat said:

Hmmm, I do understand that. It has been my experience that when you are more competent and reliable than your boss, you become a threat to their authority.  It is really hard to tone that level of competence down too.  You have my condolences there

Its alright, and yes, considering most of the members had more respect for me than him. Which I think was one of his big issues with me. But, Its because I took the time to get to know the members on the site. I wasn't just a source of authority I was their friend. 

11 hours ago, Tefutakato said:

Welcome to AF. Nice to meet you. Hope you have a nice time here.

Thank you very much! I hope I enjoy being here as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Hey, Brycec! Good to see you again!

Glad to see you too.

Hopefully, we will get to know each other better here, as we never really talked much.

3 hours ago, Kohloo said:

Hello and welcome!

Hello! And thank you very much!

3 hours ago, brycec said:

Glad to see you too.

Hopefully, we will get to know each other better here, as we never really talked much.

I certainly hope so. I never had the time to really interact with everyone on the other site because of Head Moderator and Admin duties. So, This should be a nice change of pace. 

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I certainly hope so. I never had the time to really interact with everyone on the other site because of Head Moderator and Admin duties. So, This should be a nice change of pace.

That makes sense, with what Leila told me about, though she was never officially an admin. Of course, she seemed to have more on her plate.

I'll probably be as active as I can here, since I still have mod duties where you came from, but best way to get me is through PM.

30 minutes ago, brycec said:

That makes sense, with what Leila told me about, though she was never officially an admin. Of course, she seemed to have more on her plate.

I'll probably be as active as I can here, since I still have mod duties where you came from, but best way to get me is through PM.

I hate leaving there but I feel like I've been slapped in the face. Because He said I'm no longer Admin material but I could stay on as a Head Moderator. How am I active enough be one but not the other?

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I hate leaving there but I feel like I've been slapped in the face. Because He said I'm no longer Admin material but I could stay on as a Head Moderator. How am I active enough be one but not the other?

Who knows, but the founder of that community has issues and a bad reputation to the point where many people constantly talk negatively about him outside AL, some of which I do not know how accurate it is.

I can feel your frustration and such, so this might be a better environment for you, where he has no presence.

1 minute ago, brycec said:

Who knows, but the founder of that community has issues and a bad reputation to the point where many people constantly talk negatively about him outside AL, some of which I do not know how accurate it is.

I can feel your frustration and such, so this might be a better environment for you, where he has no presence.

A lot of it is probably pretty accurate.. Unfortunately. AL is dying because of him.

Well, things are going pretty well, though a few things are frustrating me.

What has you frustrated?

I have been working on making an RPG in Swift, and the battle system is broke, because a null value keeps getting returned on the player’s turn right now. Thing was working just fine a bit earlier in the day too.

The null value should not exist.

5 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

Thanks Master! <3

Ryu is enjoying the AC because it's hot as hell outside. 90 with 48% humidity.

We have yet to turn on our AC. We got screens for both doors to keep the bugs out and we have them open creating a wind vacuum to keep it cool inside the apartment.

I have been working on making an RPG in Swift, and the battle system is broke, because a null value keeps getting returned on the player’s turn right now. Thing was working just fine a bit earlier in the day too.

The null value should not exist.

99 bugs in the programming code 99 bugs in the programming code find one out and take it out 98 bugs in the programming code. <- Sung to the tune of 99 bottles of beer on the wall XD My friend Chris is a programmer and when he's frustrated with a code he sings that. lol

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

99 bugs in the programming code 99 bugs in the programming code find one out and take it out 98 bugs in the programming code. <- Sung to the tune of 99 bottles of beer on the wall XD My friend Chris is a programmer and when he's frustrated with a code he sings that. lol

More like:

99 bugs in the programming code 99 bugs in the programming code find one out and take it out 117 bugs in the programming code.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Had me laughing quite a bit, because it does seem to fit well with things. I just decided to play a game of Innovation instead, as well as coming here.

16 minutes ago, Ryuji said:
20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

More like:

99 bugs in the programming code 99 bugs in the programming code find one out and take it out 117 bugs in the programming code.

This is definitely a more accurate picture, though these kinds of frustations did not crop up for me with Java and Android programming.

56 minutes ago, Ryuji said:

More like:

Haha, ain't that the truth!