Battles, anyone?

SAO LILDOOP

So, this kind of forum game is usually left to forums dedicated soley to this, such as: Comic-vine and versus battles wiki, however that being said, I would love to bring it here to a forum I know. 

Seeing as this forum does not have biased mods who will hinder or even help others by giving temp-bans or closing down forums just because of the character one wishes to rep I thought it would be a good place to initiate others into this particular type of game. 

In a versus battle, one chooses the character they wish to use; it can be a character from anything unless the rules made by the OP say otherwise. The battles will consist of three posts per person. 

In your introduction, you will post about your character as well as a few starter feats. Once your opponent posts theirs you will respond with your second post, which can counter their feats as well as post some more high level/impressive (Your best feats) feats for you're character. Once your opponent has posted his/her second post you will post your third, your third will detail and explain why your character would win against the opposing player's character. 

Now yes, three posts may seem to small; this is the manner in which I have debated before and have therefore given it as an example but depending on how you want to play, it can be more than three posts. The winner is determined by votes, which are cast by members who tag themselves as voters in the comments by simply posting: T4V (Tag for vote). Voters are not to vote based on preference, bias or simply which character they think would win but rather on who put forth a better argument. 

Anyway, this is one of the absolute most enjoyable things to participate in on a forum and therefore I thought I would suggest it be brought to this forum, If anyone would like to join please tell me so in the comments; I am not asking if anyone wants to debate right now but rather If they would even be interested in participating. 

Now since most debate/versus forums get very cancerous and heated if we do start this here I hope we will see none of that; I want to just have some good-natured versus debates. getting heated is fine but please no personal insults, language or any other vulgarities. The debate is not about the player but rather about the character, so keep that in mind. 

Anyway, I hope someone will want to do this because it is extremely fun and also very informative. Anybody think it sounds fun? 

Related image

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

So, this kind of forum game is usually left to forums dedicated soley to this, such as: Comic-vine and versus battles wiki, however that being said, I would love to bring it here to a forum I know. 

Seeing as this forum does not have biased mods who will hinder or even help others by giving temp-bans or closing down forums just because of the character one wishes to rep I thought it would be a good place to initiate others into this particular type of game. 

In a versus battle, one chooses the character they wish to use; it can be a character from anything unless the rules made by the OP say otherwise. The battles will consist of three posts per person. 

In your introduction, you will post about your character as well as a few starter feats. Once your opponent posts theirs you will respond with your second post, which can counter their feats as well as post some more high level/impressive (Your best feats) feats for you're character. Once your opponent has posted his/her second post you will post your third, your third will detail and explain why your character would win against the opposing player's character. 

Now yes, three posts may seem to small; this is the manner in which I have debated before and have therefore given it as an example but depending on how you want to play, it can be more than three posts. The winner is determined by votes, which are cast by members who tag themselves as voters in the comments by simply posting: T4V (Tag for vote). Voters are not to vote based on preference, bias or simply which character they think would win but rather on who put forth a better argument. 

Anyway, this is one of the absolute most enjoyable things to participate in on a forum and therefore I thought I would suggest it be brought to this forum, If anyone would like to join please tell me so in the comments; I am not asking if anyone wants to debate right now but rather If they would even be interested in participating. 

Now since most debate/versus forums get very cancerous and heated if we do start this here I hope we will see none of that; I want to just have some good-natured versus debates. getting heated is fine but please no personal insults, language or any other vulgarities. The debate is not about the player but rather about the character, so keep that in mind. 

Anyway, I hope someone will want to do this because it is extremely fun and also very informative. Anybody think it sounds fun? 

sounds fun, i wouldn't mind joining in

but this'll be a first for me, so might aswell venture in it darkly with as much info as you have given to us on rules ;o

edit: is it restricted to known anime-characters, or can you make your own original character ? 

Edited by XII360
editing is caring
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

We've played something kind of like this before. It was a Pokemon zombie survival thing where you had explain why your randomly generated team of 3 Pokemon would make survival easier than anyone else's. Sounds like fun.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

7 hours ago, XII360 said:

sounds fun, i wouldn't mind joining in

but this'll be a first for me, so might aswell venture in it darkly with as much info as you have given to us on rules ;o

edit: is it restricted to known anime-characters, or can you make your own original character ? 

It does not have to be only from anime but yea, you cant make your own character and use it; if that happened, people would make characters that were much to OP. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

It does not have to be only from anime but yea, you cant make your own character and use it; if that happened, people would make characters that were much to OP. 

gotcha, knowing that helps on deciding a character ;o

• Like 1