EnviousEnvy

Castlevania (the series)

Just started the Netflix series, Castlevania and I have to say I'm pretty hooked. I'm really picky when it comes to American anime and most I don't care for because they are down right boring as heck. I finally reached season two, episode 5 last night. The only real issue for me on the series is the fact that the seasons are so dang short. Season one literally only has 4 episodes, ugh.

So does anyone else watch the series? What do you think of it?

• Agree 1

I enjoyed it well enough. I particularly liked the interactions between Trevor & Sypha. Also kind of interesting the reinterpretations of the characters of Hector & Isaac. My biggest problem with it as an "American anime" is that pretty much translates into more profanity than the usual anime. I don't find it offensive, but I do have to roll my eyes at it sometimes (who knew the "F" was so prevalent in Medieval times lol). Still no match for Hellsing Ultimate or even the Vampire Hunter D movies, but yeah I'd watch another season to see where things go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I enjoyed it well enough. I particularly liked the interactions between Trevor & Sypha. Also kind of interesting the reinterpretations of the characters of Hector & Isaac. My biggest problem with it as an "American anime" is that pretty much translates into more profanity than the usual anime. I don't find it offensive, but I do have to roll my eyes at it sometimes (who knew the "F" was so prevalent in Medieval times lol). Still no match for Hellsing Ultimate or even the Vampire Hunter D movies, but yeah I'd watch another season to see where things go.

I agree with you there. Seems like American anime loves to drop the F bomb as much as a hooker drops her panties. Was kind of annoying. Otherwise I was surprised that the storyline was so enjoyable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Holiday Zen Anime
      Hi I'm new to AF, yorushku onegaishimassu
    • By LimboBilbo
      Ok, so this is probably going to sound like me rambling. But what if Shinigami are formed when a person dies from suffering, after causing people to suffer? This would most likely explain why the shinigami look humanoid and (cannonically) have rotten insides. If this is true then the leader of the shingamis (the ‘old man’ as ryuk calls him) is likely the only true god. This would also fit in with the thoery that Light becomes a shinigami after dieing, as he bled out on a staircase, and was you know, Kira. If you agree or have any ideas to add I would like to hear. Thanks
      -Limbo Bilbo
    • By violet
      this year many of the anime that will be released have even been released , but there are some bad or very good anime to watch if you want it in terms of the storyline or the characters from the anime story, all of it from the attitude of the audience and from the judgment of each but in my opinion there are some of the newest anime that are the best in terms of anything even though there are still some shortcomings
       the best anime in 2019 
      1 . Tate No yusha no nariagari

title  : Tate no yuusha no nariagari (立てない遊舎のなりあがり)
                                                                                      Ratting score : 8.51
                                                                                      Produser : Glovision , Kadokawa , Crunchyroll Anime SC Fund
                                                                                      Status : Ongoing
                                                                                      total episode : 25
                                                                                      Duration : 24 mnt / episode
                                                                                      Release date : jan 9. 2019
                                                                                      Studio : Kinema Citrus
                                                                                      Genre : Action , Adventure , Drama , Fantasy , Romance , Seinen

Contact 
       @violet

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!