Gangsta

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]Gangsta(2).thumb.jpg.01abd28c65b29e988c050be99b29f40f.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

In the city of Ergastulum, a shady ville filled with made men and petty thieves, whores on the make and cops on the take, there are some deeds too dirty for even its jaded inhabitants to touch. Enter the "Handymen," Nic and Worick, who take care of the jobs no one else will handle. Until the day when a cop they know on the force requests their help in taking down a new gang muscling in on the territory of a top Mafia family. It seems like business (and mayhem) as usual, but the Handymen are about to find that this job is a lot more than they bargained for.

This sounds like it could be a really interesting anime and I hope it is made well , Though it is being made by Manglobe ( the makers of Ergo Proxy , Dead man wonderland , Zettai Karen Children the Unlimited and Samurai Champloo) so it should turn out to be awesome.

The PV also looks amazing so I am looking forward to seeing this anime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S30nvSlFg3I

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A brilliant start to Gangsta , we meet Nicolas , Worick and Alex while seeing how skilled Nicolas is with a blade and how imposing he can be just by speaking.

Worick is definitely more easy going and Alex looks like she will be an interesting character.

I look forward to the next episode and I hope it will be as good if not better than the first.

Definitely enjoyed the first episode. The introduction of the characters was really well done. I especially liked the part where Nicolas just kicked the car and told off that cop. I really look forward to seeing how Alex will play a role in the next episode.

I was looking forward to this anime and the first episode certainly didn't disappoint me :) I like how it shows things as they happen,without just implying stuff but throwing it right in your face. It reminds me of Black Lagoon a bit so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like it

• Agree 1

Ahh so Manglobe produced this one? I was a huge fan of Ergo Proxy. Will need to start watching this as soon as possible. :)

It reminds me of Black Lagoon a bit so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like it

Watched it today and yeah, definitely getting that Black Lagoon vibe. In terms of cities, Black Lagoon's Roanapur is pretty similar to Gangsta's Ergastulum...

Good solid start. Very gripping soundtrack.

Another great episode. I'm not really surprised at Alex's reaction, but I would think she should have known what she was getting herself into. It also appears that the lower number you have, the stronger you are within that rank; therefore, making Nicolas being an A0, the strongest dogtag there is. I am a bit curious on how Worick's strength compares to that of a dogtag though, as it seems he is not one himself.

It was good to see Nicolas fight , even if only for a little.

Hopefully we see more of our mysterious shadow man soon and his two henchmen and get to see Nicolas fight a more powerful tag.

I can't wait to learn more about the Dogtags and more about Worick.

It also appears that the lower number you have, the stronger you are within that rank; therefore, making Nicolas being an A0, the strongest dogtag there is

Don't forget about S rank and SS rank , though they might not have SS rank . . . sadly.

I hope Nicolas goes up against an S rank later in the anime , that would be a great fight and Nicolas would have to go all out.

Don't forget about S rank and SS rank , though they might not have SS rank . . . sadly.

I hope Nicolas goes up against an S rank later in the anime , that would be a great fight and Nicolas would have to go all out.

Ah, that didn't even cross my mind. Although, it would be cool seeing him go up against one. I guess I would prefer to see him win by a landslide. Also, I have a feeling that Worick would have to be involved in the fight for Nicolas to win against an S rank.

While an alright episode to help explain Worick's past. Also, from what it seems, Nicolas might have killed Worick's parents. Which puts into question in why he is the 'boss' of Nicolas. As of now, I wonder if Alex will leave at the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this fight should be good since both of them are A/0 rank. I'm wondering if Nicholas will get by without a scratch though. After all, he is much older than the other kid, and would have more battle experience.

Wow, I really dislike both Ginger and her boss. Also, I thought Worick could put up more of a fight than he did, but I guess not. Anyway, I have a feeling that it was actually just the doctor that took Alex away, and not the guy she shot a dozen times.

• Funny 1

It was good to see some of Worick and Nicholas's past , I am pretty sure that the twilight who died was Nicholas's sister.

The past of the twilight's seems to get darker and darker I am glad Nicholas ended up in a , somewhat , better position than most.

Hopefully Alex gets herself sorted out with the help of the doc and Worick.

It was really good to see Worick's and Nicholas' past. In fact, their past lives right now are far more interesting than their current lives.

I am pretty sure that the twilight who died was Nicholas's sister.

Maybe I missed this? I don't really remember a female twilight who died in this episode.

Maybe I missed this? I don't really remember a female twilight who died in this episode.

Not this episode , the twilight captain talked about her a little and Nicholas had a little flashback , she has black hair and I assume she OD'd and was killed.

Rather good episode this week. I will admit it was a bit difficult to follow since they kept skipping back and forth. We finally learned how everything happened back then as well. Although, just thinking about some of the scenes really makes me feel sick.

Specifically about Wallace's eye.

I may continue watching, although, if it gets worse in gore and stuff, I'll probably have to drop it, which is a shame, as I really wanted to see the ending.

Loved ep.7 :) What worries me is,now that the details of the past have been revealed,will we stop getting flashbacks? (cause little Nicolas is like,the most adorable thing ever *hugs*)

Although, just thinking about some of the scenes really makes me feel sick.

Specifically about Wallace's eye.

I may continue watching, although, if it gets worse in gore and stuff, I'll probably have to drop it, which is a shame, as I really wanted to see the ending.

Am I the only sick psycho who enjoyed it? Yeah, probably....

I really enjoyed seeing the past reveled and seeing what actually happened with Worick's eye.

It looks as though something interesting is going to begin in the next episode xD

Am I the only sick psycho who enjoyed it? Yeah, probably....

Definitely not , I love gore :P . . . and romance ... not much of an overlap in those areas (only anime that has both in aces , that I know of , is Berserk).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic