LunarBox

Does anyone know any good Japanese Punk Rock bands?

It's almost summer!! AND I get into a punk rock phase during this time. I have heard a lot of punk rock, but I want more. I just want to know if you guys/girls know any good punk rock music. It doesn't necessarily have to be Japanese punk, but it has to be fast and awesome!! So if you all know of any - please gimme more punk rock!!

So, it's been a while since I've really gotten into the grit of J-Rock.  I'm also not entirely sure what quantifies Punk in Japan.  I'll just pass along a few names that I recall, and those are Jinn and Last Alliance.  I had to dig deep to find that Last Alliance set of albums too on my drive - I can't imagine how long ago I actually acquired them.  Oooof.

Posted (edited)

They are not really punk, but they do rock. Have you listened to Band Maid? 

Oh, shoot. I thought it had to be a Japanese band. Um, have you listened to A Day to Remember? I honestly can’t think of any off the top of my head. Why not try Pandora? 

Edited by OtterNmyWater

Posted (edited)

I'm not that familiar with the genre, but the groups I enjoy that I can remember off the top of my head are The Clash, The Offspring, Agent Orange, and Rites of Spring. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Dis
added some songs

I do know some jrock group L'arc en ciel they did some songs for anime op/ending T.M Revolution same as laruku aka l'arc en ciel they did some op/ending for anime,Back-On And Oral Cigarettes

Some other jrock i know are high and mighty colors,bump of chicken,flow etc

There's Midori, which is a jazz / noise / punk group.
I love Shinigiwa Satellite. Doujin circle that does punk / post-hardcore arranges of Touhou music.
Same with Foreground Eclipse. Post-hardcore Touhou music. Really good as well, but you'll have to enjoy harsh vocals.

Outside of Japanese punk, Strung Out is my favourite.