Need some help

RZ.

Question

I woke up this morning to update my MAL account when I get a message saying my account has been IP banned. I have no idea what it is I've supposed to have done! It tells me to go to Rizon and contact a moderator to get the reasons for the ban, how long it will be, etc. I go there to find a bunch of moderators who have either been away since last week or just won't respond to queries. Has anyone had the same thing happen or have any ideas on what I can do?

It's not the end of the world. I have two ISP's in my house so I can still get on the website via the other one, but cautious about accessing my account on it incase they carry the ban over. I just started making some friends on there too :(

2 answers to this question

I’ve had a MAL account for several years, but haven’t really posted on it’s forums much (mainly on recommendation & identification threads) or tried to engage the larger community (all my MAL “friends” are people I got acquainted with on smaller sites). So I haven’t had any dealings with their support staff or moderators. Hopefully someone there can straighten things out or explain the problem to you. Sorry for not being more help.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

@Wedgy @Ohayotaku Thanks guys, I've sorted it I think. Well, not really, but it's all good. I can still access the site from my other ISP and I've been logged in most of the day. I've opened an Anilist account and copied my MAL list onto it with the downloadable XML, so if I get banned on the other ISP for whatever reason I at least have my list backed up somewhere :)

The discord server makes it clear they don't deal with ban inquiries unforunately. I tried to contact them via the IRC chatroom but their mods seem to be permanently busy or just not online. Having done some searching around on the MAL forums and reddit, it seems like the general view of the community is that the mods are not particularly helpful over there, and a lot of people get banned at random by their spambots. A shame really, because I've always liked the setup and everything.