Akira Toriyama Dead at 68

Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama died at the age of 68 on March 1st. His most recent works are the upcoming anime Dragon Ball Daima and Sand Land. Toriyama is a legendary public figure in the world of anime and manga and his work has impacted and influenced countless others. Dragon Ball popularized anime in the west and this year is celebrating its 40th anniversary. The world of anime and manga is in a state of shock. A private funeral by the family of Toriyama was held.

Edited by Digimon_Sommelier
  • Sad 3

I wasn't expecting him to pass away when he was planning Dragon Ball Daima and other Dragon Ball products. He was a great man, and he will be missed by a lot of people of different generations that grew up with his Dragon Ball franchise's magic. I'm sure that he was wanting to do so many more things with his creations to bring the same kind of magic, as well as magic of a different kind, to more people's lives. He left quite a legacy for people to remember him by.

The world is just a little bit darker, and all otaku everywhere feel a little bit colder and sadder. Whether you were a fan of his works or not, his talent was undeniable. I, for one, was a fan of his work on Chrono Trigger. Such an incredible game made even better by his art and designs. We will miss you Toriyama-san. Rest in Piece. 

😭

On March 1, 2024, Toriyama died from acute subdural hematoma, at the age of 68. His funeral was held privately with only his family as attendees.[71][72] His death was announced by his production company Bird Studio one week later on March 8.[73]'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Toriyama

------------------------------------------------------------------

A blood clot in the brain  

what a sad and terrible  way to die

thanks for the universe  of Dragon Ball, Z gt   & super  &all  the movies 

rip and may the force be w/ you and have a  safe trip on Snake way

Akira-toriyama

😥

Edited by Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Even though I burned out on the Dragonball franchise quite some time ago, there’s no denying the  unparalleled influence it had on shonen anime. And am actually curious to check out the upcoming Sand Land anime. As @Otaking66lives mentioned, his distinctive character designs also impacted the video game industry with his work on the Dragon Quest franchise & Chronotrigger (my all-time favorite JRPG). image.jpeg.7440f45ee6ef637921a9527bbffe5a6a.jpeg

RIP

image.jpeg.50698e9e749aa301287851efd2c8a403.jpeg

Edited by Ohayotaku

I am still really shocked/sad about this. Dragon Ball was one of the 1st animes I ever watched and I think it was the first anime that I realized was "anime" as in, it got me interested in watching other animes. 

• 2 weeks later...