Jump to content

2D Anime MMORPG Open World


Kiyoshi

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know of an Anime game but a 2D version?

In addition to being open world and mmorpg

Is there no such thing? Why don't they make it? It could easily be in a web browser without downloading it

 

spacer.png

I would easily walk (wasd) and explore places like these

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

What do you think about this idea?

Make your own anime character

each server is the city of Japan to do various tests, challenges, goals

to choose which school you want to go to, To work in the profession that suits you and you like.

Interact with players. Each choice you and the other players make changes the story of your character and their character (i.e. they affect each other for more realism)

Now what kind of game? What category do you like best?

1) For zombies - survival?

2) just realistic and relaxing

3) Science Fiction?

4) Athletic? etc although I believe they can all be done together in this game haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only games I can think of that are 2D and a little bit in the anime style are Adventure Quest, Adventure Quest Worlds, and DragonFable which are all made by the same gaming company. They are fun games to play if you like this style but the graphics are not amazing but this is done in a cute 2D style.

Adventure Quest Worlds is also MMORPG with many character custom options and contains many aspects you see in most games such like armor, weapon, pet customs, quests and missions, instances with boss monsters with friends and ability to skills such like fishing. 

More games in this style to me would be great because I like this type that is more realistic and relaxing.

Edited by Zeref
  • Agree 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Zeref said:

The only games I can think of that are 2D and a little bit in the anime style are Adventure Quest, Adventure Quest Worlds, and DragonFable which are all made by the same gaming company. They are fun games to play if you like this style but the graphics are not amazing but this is done in a cute 2D style.

Adventure Quest Worlds is also MMORPG with many character custom options and contains many aspects you see in most games such like armor, weapon, pet customs, quests and missions, instances with boss monsters with friends and ability to skills such like fishing. 

More games in this style to me would be great because I like this type that is more realistic and relaxing.

Totally forget AQ Worlds was a game lol ~ I played that too. They have AQ World 3D now too that I think is available on the phone & browser but it's nowhere near as good as AQ Worlds. 
~ Oh I remember there used to be some 2D dating sim games like this, I remember one called "Chrono Days" and another called "Wonderland Days", I think it still exists but I'm not sure. The pictures and stuff weren't as detailed as the ones above because I think they were mostly hand drawn but it was fun to play through them lol

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2024 at 7:56 PM, Kiyoshi said:

Does anyone know of an Anime game but a 2D version?

In addition to being open world and mmorpg

Is there no such thing? Why don't they make it? It could easily be in a web browser without downloading it

 

spacer.png

I would easily walk (wasd) and explore places like these

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

What do you think about this idea?

Make your own anime character

each server is the city of Japan to do various tests, challenges, goals

to choose which school you want to go to, To work in the profession that suits you and you like.

Interact with players. Each choice you and the other players make changes the story of your character and their character (i.e. they affect each other for more realism)

Now what kind of game? What category do you like best?

1) For zombies - survival?

2) just realistic and relaxing

3) Science Fiction?

4) Athletic? etc although I believe they can all be done together in this game haha

I don’t know if it would be helpful but the only one I know is ragnarok online tho it’s fantasy. Beside that the science fiction one I know it blue protocol but it’s 3D and not 2D. Same with onigiri tho this one is more of a mix of a science and Japanese theme

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

I don’t know if it would be helpful but the only one I know is ragnarok online tho it’s fantasy. Beside that the science fiction one I know it blue protocol but it’s 3D and not 2D. Same with onigiri tho this one is more of a mix of a science and Japanese theme

Ragnarok Online is really a good game. I remember now I used to play this too along with Maple Story but I don't guessed that Maple Story is considered this type of 2D animation maybe. 

Edited by Zeref
  • Agree 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Zeref said:

Ragnarok Online is really a good game. I remember now I used to play this too along with Maple Story but I don't guessed that Maple Story is considered this type of 2D animation maybe. 

Oh true I forgot about maple story. I recently got into RO so I’m playing on private servers right now

  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Oh true I forgot about maple story. I recently got into RO so I’m playing on private servers right now

What private servers are you playing with that? I would be interested in playing Ragnarok again. 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone, I'll try to try them all regardless if they want a download or not.

But my goal from the beginning is to play on the website and not be a burden on my laptop since I have an ancient one..

spacer.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kiyoshi said:

Thanks everyone, I'll try to try them all regardless if they want a download or not.

But my goal from the beginning is to play on the website and not be a burden on my laptop since I have an ancient one..

spacer.png

 

Understandable ~ A lot of games these days require some sort of download especially since Flash stopped working unless you have something like Ruffle I guess that makes Flash work. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Kiyoshi said:

Thanks everyone, I'll try to try them all regardless if they want a download or not.

But my goal from the beginning is to play on the website and not be a burden on my laptop since I have an ancient one..

spacer.png

https://www.artix.com/games/

All games on this page are similar to what you are looking for and playable on a browser with a Flash enabler on Chrome browser. There is also a downloadable launcher that allows you play all games listed on the page for easier access but it is capable of browser play. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2024 at 1:43 PM, Zeref said:

What private servers are you playing with that? I would be interested in playing Ragnarok again. 

Oh sorry I just saw the post. Here it is: 

https://projectalfheim.net

I used to play on another one but I can’t find it. Might do some more research later

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

Oh sorry I just saw the post. Here it is: 

https://projectalfheim.net

I used to play on another one but I can’t find it. Might do some more research later

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try, its been a long time since I played this game.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...