Have any of you ever heard of RWBY?

AstralMuffin516

As the thread title suggests, I'm curious if any of you have ever heard of the animated web show RWBY, which is made by Roosterteeth. For those of you that don't know, it follows the adventures of 4 young girls who are training to fight monsters called the Creatures of Grimm. But thanks to the creative genius of series creator Monty Oum(God rest his soul), every one of their weapons has multiple versions, usually doubling or even tripling as a gun as well as a melee weapon. For example, our main character, Ruby Rose, has a high caliber sniper rifle, that also doubles as a scythe. The first 2 seasons of this series were setup to get us used to the characters and world, but in the third season, which is ongoing currently, things have been getting increasingly dark for all our favorite characters. If you haven't heard of it, it's totally worth a watch, and it won't waste much of your time, since each season is only about an hour or so long. If you have seen it, what do you think of it and who are your favorite characters?

Yes, RWBY is pretty good, but unfortunately, I would say that their most recent episode, Fall, wasn't all that great. Also, my favorite character, Torchwick, hasn't even been seen in this season. D: Although, both Qrow and Bartholomew are good characters, so I guess they kinda make up for that. Overall though, I do like it, but it needs more Torchwick, and they should probably slow down on how fast they're going through the tournament arc right now.

Yes, RWBY is pretty good, but unfortunately, I would say that their most recent episode, Fall, wasn't all that great. Also, my favorite character, Torchwick, hasn't even been seen in this season. D: Although, both Qrow and Bartholomew are good characters, so I guess they kinda make up for that. Overall though, I do like it, but it needs more Torchwick, and they should probably slow down on how fast they're going through the tournament arc right now.

Watch episodes 8 and 9, and I promise that every problem you've had with season 3 so far...and maybe make you feel some things you weren't expecting to feel.

Watch episodes 8 and 9, and I promise that every problem you've had with season 3 so far...and maybe make you feel some things you weren't expecting to feel.

OMG! You're right! Episodes 8 and 9 really were amazing. It also makes Pyrrha and Jaune that much more of my favorite ship. Also, we got to see that while Ruby does lack fighting ability, she makes up in speed, as she was able to escape Mercury in their scuffle. And last but not least, Torchwick is finally back. :) Assuming they wrap it up well, season 3 may very well be my favorite season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have, but refuse point-blank to watch it as it's by an American animation studio and not a Japanese one, as I simply cannot stand dubbed animes whatsoever...Now, if it was available to watch in Japanese with subtitles, it would be a very different story and I would more than likely check it out :)

• 9 months later...
I have, but refuse point-blank to watch it as it's by an American animation studio and not a Japanese one, as I simply cannot stand dubbed animes whatsoever...Now, if it was available to watch in Japanese with subtitles, it would be a very different story and I would more than likely check it out :)

Actually, there is a Japanese dub with professional voice actors/actresses in it.

And honestly, I personally thought the original English one was better than the Japanese dub

• Geano locked this topic