Anime List

Greeneyes

Question

I dont know if there is a thread that is made for suggestions so yea... My suggestion is you should maybe add a anime list thing in the profile where you can add anime titles you watched for other people to see or something along those lines...

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

my anime list is at the bottom of each of my posts

even tho its not complete its mostly there

my myanimelist is https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Wodahs_Krad

and seeing I use wodahs a lot and its shadow backwards and my anime list has an account (which I think is mine but couldn't remember the details I set) of that name I'm wodahs krad or backwards dark shadow

my anime list is at the bottom of each of my posts

even tho its not complete its mostly there

my myanimelist is https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Wodahs_Krad

and seeing I use wodahs a lot and its shadow backwards and my anime list has an account (which I think is mine but couldn't remember the details I set) of that name I'm wodahs krad or backwards dark shadow

Nice name choice I never noticed that before.... It just seems to me we are kind of relying on MAL to have that system

• Like 1

Nice name choice I never noticed that before.... It just seems to me we are kind of relying on MAL to have that system

I don't see an issue with that, myself.

Sites like MAL and Anime-Planet (the latter of which I personally prefer, due to its superior ease of use) have that particular niche very well serviced. Duplicating their efforts here, on this forum, to any degree at which it would be comparable in terms of features and functionality, would require a fair deal of time and custom coding... it would very likely also have to be worked on and tweaked every time the forum software is updated. And that's not even taking into consideration the amount of work that would have to be undertaken to create and maintain our own anime database, particularly if we were to try and match those other sites in terms of content - descriptions, screen shots, etc.

My experience is that add-ons of that magnitude to forum software suites like Xenforo and the like tend to be a pain to create, and a nightmare to maintain.

With that said, I'm sure it would be possible to hack something super simple and barebones together, but given that it seems like most folks already have MAL/A-P accounts, I'm not really sure there would be much point in it.

Disclaimer: this is only my personal take on the matter. It's always possible that Optic could pull a rabbit out of his hat at some point and surprise us all. ^^

• Agree 1

Hi @GreenEyes,

@zoop has pretty much covered my thoughts.

MyAnimeList actually has an API so we could get a module developed to list your favourite anime titles directly from your MAL profile... but... then you may as well just promote your account on your profile and signature as they present it better.

• Like 1